• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't cost you anything but a few minutes of time to call another shop or two and get an estimate on a transmission replacement.

Right, but I called a couple places and they won't tell me anything without seeing the truck. They want it in the door so that I feel trapped and won't take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

Right, but I called a couple places and they won't tell me anything without seeing the truck. They want it in the door so that I feel trapped and won't take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

That’s bullshit - a decent shop ought to be able to give you a ballpark on something like a transmission replacement. If the guys who have it are reputable might be easiest to just let them handle at this point.

I bought a car rather than lease it cause I wanted to be thrifty and not pay for a brand new car. Got a 3 year old car to similarly try and save, but now at 60k miles I'm just getting fucked. Dealership quoted me $2,500 to replace a valve cover. My wife took it there and it was Beverly Hills and as expected all the reviews are they charge way too much, but all in all between all the things wrong with it I'm still gonna drop close to $3k on this thing. Makes me want to actually just buy a brand new kia with a 100k mile warranty and be done with it.

I play a little game with myself whenever I see some little car on the road that I have no idea what it is. The game is called " Is That a KIA or a Hyundai ?" It's a lot of fun.

I’m shocked with how good some of their vehicles look now.

I’m shocked with how good some of their vehicles look now.

I had one as a rental car one time and liked it a bit more than I was expecting. Then again I REALLY liked the dodge charger cause I'm an american male

Fancier the car the more maintenance costs. Same with location. Also, in some cases, your wife will be charged more than you. #'Merica

What do you do with leftover roasted potatoes? Maybe some sort of hash?

kia warranty on new car is the only reason i went brand new - got the cheapest on the lot and it still has a android auto touchscreen with 42 mpg highway + backup camera

air fryer, coat with some oil and dry onion soup mix.

actually that's probably how you roast them in the first place.

I bought a car rather than lease it cause I wanted to be thrifty and not pay for a brand new car. Got a 3 year old car to similarly try and save, but now at 60k miles I'm just getting fucked. Dealership quoted me $2,500 to replace a valve cover. My wife took it there and it was Beverly Hills and as expected all the reviews are they charge way too much, but all in all between all the things wrong with it I'm still gonna drop close to $3k on this thing. Makes me want to actually just buy a brand new kia with a 100k mile warranty and be done with it.

Fancier the car the more maintenance costs. Same with location. Also, in some cases, your wife will be charged more than you. #'Merica

What happened to the valve COVER? Replacing the valve cover gasket sometimes needs to happen. Should be a few hundred dollars.

What else are they doing to get the $3K price? Gold plating the steel?

What do you do with leftover roasted potatoes? Maybe some sort of hash?

We do breakfast hashes with scrambled eggs (wife is pregnant and can’t do over easy). Usually add some sort of meat and peppers and onions.

Have also put them in breakfast burritos.

What happened to the valve COVER? Replacing the valve cover gasket sometimes needs to happen. Should be a few hundred dollars.

What else are they doing to get the $3K price? Gold plating the steel?

Audi so probably put in a strange place or something. 2nd quote was at $1,400.

Took our daughter a year and a half but she's finally not sleeping. My wife read a couple sleep books when the baby was born and it worked. She's always slept 12 hours straight through.

Now she's a little over a year and a half and she pretty much cries for 20+ minutes every night. I'm considering bourbon on her gums or crushing up a little Xanax in her juice...Or both...

I guess the universe has a way of balancing out. We were wayyyy too lucky for the longest time.

Super normal age for some separation anxiety. It'll pass. Everything is a phase.

That makes sense. Wife has been saying she has fomo. She just wants to be in between us at all times. But we don't want to fold and start putting her to bed later. 7:30-7:30 has been a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back