• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you use the auto generated replies in gmail or outlook it defaults to reply all.

an auto generated reply that could produce "an email from our school registrar about final grades because I need to make a grade change for one student" would be pretty impressive, even for google

Also, I hate the term "passy" (or is it "pacy"?). Had never heard that used before until we had a kid and everyone referred to it that way.

Same here...that's why I always spell it out. But I think it also sounds like to spell it out, so idunno

Also, I hate the term "passy" (or is it "pacy"?). Had never heard that used before until we had a kid and everyone referred to it that way.

Its actually spelled "paci", which I only know from my wife's texts.

Got beers outdoors at a Brewery twice this past week. I forgot how good fresh draft beer could be.

Duuuuude I had two outdoor beers on Friday at Incendiary while watching my son and it was so nice. Originally I tried to go Old Salem with him and the stroller but it was ghost town and creeped me out, so we parked and I pushed him around Bailey Park instead. It was a great decision, he loved the people watching and I enjoyed the bevies.

I would like to come back to this, I have literally never once had any reason to click 'Reply All' so I don't know how this happens. Is it just a misclick? Do you have times where you actually correctly utilize 'Reply All'? Am I doing it wrong by clicking 'Reply' and just inputting who I want it to go to?

Serious question, I'm not trying to be a dick.

I think if you use the auto generated replies in gmail or outlook it defaults to reply all.

Honestly I think it was some automatic reply all feature, because I never hit reply all. I normally check to make sure I'm not replying all before I hit send, but I did not this time.

Duuuuude I had two outdoor beers on Friday at Incendiary while watching my son and it was so nice. Originally I tried to go Old Salem with him and the stroller but it was ghost town and creeped me out, so we parked and I pushed him around Bailey Park instead. It was a great decision, he loved the people watching and I enjoyed the bevies.

Yeah we did Incendiary after work on Wednesday for a quick couple of beers. That place can be super crowded at times (owing to having the most outdoor space of any brewery I guess), but it was perfect after work. Lots of space and I dig all the smaller tables for flexibility.

Wise Man on Saturday was my first time there in probably 2 years (even before Covid/Kid we gravitated more towards Fiddlin' and Joymongers). The tent set-up they had out front was clutch when it rained momentarily. Downside is less room for toddler to stretch his legs.

Paci?

Luckily we weened ours from that after 6 months. Was painful at the time but the pediatrician said it would be much easier than later.

We were at Incediary a couple weeks ago after spending the day hiking at Hanging Rock. I love the vibe of that place. Sounds like a legit spot for a CT get together. Is the pizza place there solid?

We were at Incediary a couple weeks ago after spending the day hiking at Hanging Rock. I love the vibe of that place. Sounds like a legit spot for a CT get together. Is the pizza place there solid?

Count me out.

Oh yeah the pizza place is banging. There's also new fitness (F# something) place there that was outside setting up a demo last Friday with a bunch of cones. However the families all started showing up and letting their kids run wild, who naturally ran over and kicked all the cones out of place and caused a general raucous. It was great.

But to answer your original question, yes it would be a great place for the CT meet up.

We did some outdoor beers on Sunday with the kid. Tried to hit a brewery by the river but there was a fucking line of cars to get into the parking lot, so changed course and went to one in W. Avl.

Also, on Friday afternoons my wife and I usually hit The Whale for a few drinks before having to pick our son up from daycare by 5:30. It's a nice tradition that we enjoyed last fall and recently started back up.

It's okay. Mission Pizza serves far better AUTHENTIC Pizza Napoletana downtown (but it also costlier and not as conveniently located!). I'd probably like this place better if they didn't market their big-ass tray-sized pizzas as being authentic just because they happen to wood fire them and use bufala moz. Sometimes you just gotta have brand loyalty and I can't betray my dudes at Mission.

how many breweries are in WS now?

Small Batch (eh, not sure they count TBH)
Wise Man
Fiddlin' Fish
Radar
Incendiary
Joymongers Barrel House (technically HQ is in Greensboro but it's a brewery like place to visit)

???

We did some outdoor beers on Sunday with the kid. Tried to hit a brewery by the river but there was a fucking line of cars to get into the parking lot, so changed course and went to one in W. Avl.

Also, on Friday afternoons my wife and I usually hit The Whale for a few drinks before having to pick our son up from daycare by 5:30. It's a nice tradition that we enjoyed last fall and recently started back up.

Zillicoah? Ha, we went on Saturday when it was pouring but the rain let up after about an hour and gave us that awesome double rainbow.

Went to Cellarest on Sunday afternoon because the weather was just too perfect. Two ships passing in the night.

That's a good tradition.

I can't imagine growing up in W-S and moving back there.

It's okay. Mission Pizza serves far better AUTHENTIC Pizza Napoletana downtown (but it also costlier and not as conveniently located!). I'd probably like this place better if they didn't market their big-ass tray-sized pizzas as being authentic just because they happen to wood fire them and use bufala moz. Sometimes you just gotta have brand loyalty and I can't betray my dudes at Mission.

TBF though they always have footie on at Cugino Formo (Incendiary adjacent pizza) and the staff watches Napoli matches, Peyton doesn't do that at Mission.

So which places feels more Napoletana is in question. I don't see any Maradona jerseys hanging at Mission.

Small Batch (eh, not sure they count TBH)
Wise Man
Fiddlin' Fish
Radar
Incendiary
Joymongers Barrel House (technically HQ is in Greensboro but it's a brewery like place to visit)

???

is hoots still around? frequented it every now & then when we would go to the porch

Brewery hopping with my kids in Asheville is absolutely one of my favorite ways to spend a summer day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back