• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/40474

this is my grandfather's vietnam war commendation

i used to think it was really cool that he has such an important medal but he has always had a very different understanding of that medal and it wasn't until i grew up that I even came close to understanding why

Chat thread 95: new talkin' topic - pizza!

uh, not really. depends on how you define it but, the VC read the room and threw a propaganda Hail Mary. we "lost" but we didnt get the shit kicked out of us.

I mean we lost every inch of land that we were defending and our influence drastically decreased in the surrounding countries.

That’s a pretty big L

I looked at the Instagram for Mission Pizza and they have several posts with pies that are just crust and sauce. Wtf — is that a thing that people order?

Most of the standard pizzas on the menu have more standard amounts of toppings. I think some of that is him experimenting with just how good he can make it with fewer ingredients (and when Peyton is working the oven and it's not crowded, hoo boy that crust can be magical on its own).

It's like on Top Chef! Pare down the dish ruthlessly and execute perfectly. Can't cover up your overly acidic sauce or dense crust with cheese.

It matters on this one. I'm not getting some artsy fartsy high end Mission pizza delivered, but I'd prefer to dine there over Burke Street, unless of course, I'm shit faced.

Peyton himself would probably insist on Burke St over Mission if it's being delivered. On the record as saying "Pizza dies in the box" and hates when patrons can't eat this style of pizza immediately. The pandemic was rough for him in terms of quality control I think.

Have a foodie friend who was of that same "Pizza is fine but it can only be so good" take. Went to Baest in Copenhagen and it was mind-blowing. He was in total shock, very entertaining to watch.

Got on of the Ooni Koda pizza ovens for the back patio, only had one run on it but it was pretty great.

My co-worker makes Ooni pizza like 3x a week and posts pics every time. I'm very jealous.

I've never done homemade pizza I'm really proud of. Crust is never quite right. Always too dense or undercooked or overcooked.

Have a foodie friend who was of that same "Pizza is fine but it can only be so good" take. Went to Baest in Copenhagen and it was mind-blowing. He was in total shock, very entertaining to watch.

Got on of the Ooni Koda pizza ovens for the back patio, only had one run on it but it was pretty great.

I've got an Ooni Koda as well and we make pizzas just about every Sunday night. It's taken me a while to get dialed in, but we've had a lot of fun with it.

y'all are making pizza more difficult than it needs to be. pizza is good in almost all forms

No one's being difficult! I just love talking food. All pizza styles are great in their own way except deep dish. That ain't pizza.

Used to live around the corner from this place that was famous for their toast in SF, but they did a Sourdough crust pizza on a weekly basis that was friggin' amazing even though they always did millennial toppings and shit (you never had a choice, stuff like broccoli etc.)

Yeah I’ve experimented with sourdough crusts at home and they’re dope. Actually just fed my starter so some pizza might be in my future for Friday or so. My desire for a bigger patio or outdoor space is well documented here, and if I did have that, I would get a pizza oven without a doubt.

Did I miss something? Why?

Hawaii is an ecological disaster area.
RIP:
330px-Po%CA%BBouli.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back