• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL i am enjoying it.

also enjoying plama's serious focus on someone making a sandwich as the real dividing line between a job and servitude

We have a part-time nanny because we pulled our son out of our preferred daycare after spending $6K for him not to attend. So nanny was the only option. He’s been on a waitlist since December to get back in and MIGHT have a spot on 6/1.

It turns out you can’t just leave a 2.5 year old by himself all day while working full time.

We also have a couple that cleans our house every other week. It’s probably time to just look into a complete full time house staff.

He’s also providing the laborer the food to do so, both fresh & leftovers. Shoot if somebody provided me with the food to make a meal but I had to also make one for them, while also paying me $15/hr, I’d do it. That’s a sweet gig. Anybody hiring?

He’s also providing the laborer the food to do so, both fresh & leftovers. Shoot if somebody provided me with the food to make a meal but I had to also make one for them, while also paying me $15/hr, I’d do it. That’s a sweet gig. Anybody hiring?

They're not relegated to just the leftovers? Nevermind then.

We have a part-time nanny because we pulled our son out of our preferred daycare after spending $6K for him not to attend. So nanny was the only option. He’s been on a waitlist since December to get back in and MIGHT have a spot on 6/1.

It turns out you can’t just leave a 2.5 year old by himself all day while working full time.

We also have a couple that cleans our house every other week. It’s probably time to just look into a complete full time house staff.

apparently you can if you just put them in a cage

I hate how people wanna make people feel for parents.

Yo wrap that shit up and it wouldn’t have been a problem. No one to blame but yourself.

Do your nannies do your laundry as well as your kids? Can they take your cars in for an oil change? What else can they do? The whole concept is a bit foreign to those that didn't grow up around wealth.

i'm not sure anyone is BLAMING anyone for anything (except palma). no one wants feelings, but to act like hiring a child care provider during work hours somehow screams entitlement is stupid. If you go to a restaurant, do you go in the back to pitch in, rather than sitting at your table like a SPOILED JERK? Why not? If you take an uber, do you offer to use your own car and drive? Why not?

I mean, it sounds like making 15 bucks an hour to just put a kid in a cage and maybe feed em every now and then is a sweet gig, not sure how plama is both arguing that it's easy to take care of a child while working AND that it's slavery to pay someone 15 bucks/hr to do that trivial job, completely contradictory points it seems like

He def would have a problem with what the lady that watches my 2yo makes.

I hate how people wanna make people feel for parents.

Yo wrap that shit up and it wouldn’t have been a problem. No one to blame but yourself.

i don't think anyone is asking for people to feel for parents.. just thinking its pretty funny when a guy thinks that 1) you don't need any childcare if you both WFH (because his jobs are easy enough he barely has to do them?) and 2) its also tantamount to slavery to hire and pay someone to help watch your kid during the day

Do your nannies do your laundry as well as your kids? Can they take your cars in for an oil change? What else can they do? The whole concept is a bit foreign to those that didn't grow up around wealth.

Lol don’t you make like $300k now

did one of your parents stay home full time?

for someone who is usually really good about doing cost/benefit analyses this is interesting to see you troll about

plama is trolling and catamount is literally not capable of empathy is how I read it

have you ever heard of an executive assistant doing any of those things? Do you pay someone to make travel reservations for you? How about ordering lunch for you and your clients that you're meeting with, or setting up a reservation? You're paying them to perform a job; if there are things that aren't in the purview of their work you have to collectively establish that.

i'm not sure anyone is BLAMING anyone for anything (except palma). no one wants feelings, but to act like hiring a child care provider during work hours somehow screams entitlement is stupid. If you go to a restaurant, do you go in the back to pitch in, rather than sitting at your table like a SPOILED JERK? Why not? If you take an uber, do you offer to use your own car and drive? Why not?

The gig economy is largely exploitive but I don’t think that’s the point palma is driving at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back