• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are staff to kid ratios at these daycares you guys are sending your kids to?

There are minimums dictated by the state. I think for newborns it’s 6 to 1? That number goes up as the kids get older and the price drops.

There are around 8ish kids in our son’s room and 2.5 teachers. The half floats between rooms.

wow, 80k per year for 2.5 teachers -- not to even mention the overhead, the food, etc. -- is pretty nuts

I might be with plama on this one

No they just happen to operate one. It’s a completely separate part of the campus far away from anything else. I have no idea why they have a daycare but they do and we like it a lot.

My next guess is that the kids are being used either as therapy babies or some sort of scared straight program.

“You’ve been doing WHAT?!?!?”

“Sir, you pay $200 a week. What did you expect?”

I’m sure it’s just part of their charitable mission.

My sister spent years being the daycare person at her church. They paid her $10/hr. y'all should just move to Alabama and find god

teachers? are they actually teaching?

Yes. Our old day care used to bring in some hippy with a guitar for music days. I pointed out to my wife we have “music day” every morning and it only requires Alexa and an Amazon Music subscription.

My next guess is that the kids are being used either as therapy babies or some sort of scared straight program.

“You’ve been doing WHAT?!?!?”

“Sir, you pay $200 a week. What did you expect?”

I’m sure it’s just part of their charitable mission.

No telling what happens during the day, but our son is usually I good spirits when I pick him up. So keep up the good work, whatever it is!

I mean I think daycare is just really cheap around here. The nicest one we looked at near the ritziest part of town I wanna say was like $250-300 a week?

Why would someone sell something on their website for $499 but then sell it on amazon for $375. I paid the former for some snooty headphones last week and now I'm fucking pissed.

14 day return policy. first time I'm returning anything in my life.

anyway i don't have the nanny do that shit because then the butler would be standing around with his thumb up his ass

Get the chambermaids to do that shit. Butler should be focusing his energy on the wine cellar. Maybe the silver and plate.

My landlord is selling my fucking house. His real estate agent (that whore) has convinced him he can get 3Milly for the house from Californian refugees. Now my ass isn’t going to have a lake house anymore. These are trying times.

God I hate California.

Happened to my girlfriend this week too. Probably the same fucking landlord

He bought his niece a car after accidentally promising her he would

She needed to get a 3.0 and got a 2.98! Fairly sure it was me promising to do something I couldn't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back