• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he seem happy to you ?

That's a tough one. I know he has his sadness and rough patches like we all do, but overall I found RJ to be a much more upbeat and engaging part of the community. I missed the most recent meltdown and I jumped in when he was already banned, but yeah...I won't talk about it anymore.

Only addressing questions.

Are you going to msg RJ directly to keep up with him?

oh someone here defs has to have his number - probs 1976Deac

If 1976 shares his digits with me via PM then I'll give RJ a shout. But I don't want RJ to not want that. Defs just want the man happy

Whats your preferred fried egg? I hate runny yolks & like a nice medium fried egg.

hello TSY!

did you build your chicken coop yr self? I am thinking of building one for 4 hens in our backyard
Yes. The design is based off a Carolina Coop, and I patterned it after a guy on YouTube. It's called the predator proof chicken coop and I believe his channel is called BlueLine. I'll warn you, it's pricy. Mine cost like 3k, but I also dug 3ft footing and ran electricity with metal roofing that matched our house. There are definitely ways to cut costs, but unfortunately the cost of lumber is sky high at the moment.

GrabTurdsBare/DDD is a contractor on the side and has explained why the rising price of lumber has made his operation more challenging.

This to say, even though I wasn't really following the intricacies of DDD's lumber lamentations it appears I definitely learned something,

hello TSY!

did you build your chicken coop yr self? I am thinking of building one for 4 hens in our backyard
Yes. The design is based off a Carolina Coop, and I patterned it after a guy on YouTube. It's called the predator proof chicken coop and I believe his channel is called BlueLine. I'll warn you, it's pricy. Mine cost like 3k, but I also dug 3ft footing and ran electricity with metal roofing that matched our house. There are definitely ways to cut costs, but unfortunately the cost of lumber is sky high at the moment.
I just posted some pics to the Fulton Creek Farms Facebook page if you want to check out some more info. The coop and run is 20ft long, 8ft wide, with 16 ft of run. The coop is 4ft x 8ft.

GrabTurdsBare/DDD is a contractor on the side and has explained why the rising price of lumber has made his operation more challenging.

This to say, even though I wasn't really following the intricacies of DDD's lumber lamentations it appears I definitely learned something,
For real. Some prices are 3x what they were a year ago. Same for new steel. However, the scrap metal price for steel is half of what it was last year.

The third amigo is DonaldRoss. He shouldn't be difficult to track down either

Tsy I think I might’ve asked you this last year when you started, but don’t remember. Do you move your coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back