• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
very cool

I'm trying to figure out how seriously I want to take this and what that would look like -- it feels like the options are pay a ton of money to join a club or continue playing public park tennis

not a lot of options in between, especially if you want to spend some time to get better but not pay out the ass for it and maybe do a tournament a year or so among like-skilled players

plus, public parks near me have a much higher demand than courts, which you love to see, but it can be frustrating

If you're that into it, why wouldn't you join a club of like minded people who take the game seriously so you don't have to compete for court time with some idiot in cargo shorts out there launching balls over the fence ?

FixedPlushAracari-max-1mb.gif

If you're that into it, why wouldn't you join a club of like minded people who take the game seriously so you don't have to compete for court time with some idiot in cargo shorts out there launching balls over the fence ?

I would if I decide that I want it to be my main thing, but there are lots of other things I'm into, so not prepared for it to be my number one extracurricular

Not sure where you live but there aren't any tennis Meetups around you?

Uggh. Pulled a muscle in my chest at the gym. Now it hurts to breathe.

Wow. Same energy. Except mine is worse (pulled it playing video games somehow!?!). Having to continually remind myself that it isn't a heart attack (only hurts when I move in certain ways or take a deep breath)

My chest hurts but it’s because I was playing bottle drop last week and I was playing the bottle and got nailed in the right titty by a fucking cannon of a frisbee throw.

Wow. Same energy. Except mine is worse (pulled it playing video games somehow!?!). Having to continually remind myself that it isn't a heart attack (only hurts when I move in certain ways or take a deep breath)

Was this a power slide gone wrong in mario kart or what?

sweet, sounds fun.

to make yall feel better about your injuries, i'll share that i messed my back up last night putting fresh sheets on my bed. pretty painful today.

If you need a reminder that Verizon is a soulless cesspool of deceit and sadism. Here is that reminder. Two hours in the store trying to get a credit for a cell service extender that I was promised, and I left defeated.

sweet, sounds fun.

to make yall feel better about your injuries, i'll share that i messed my back up last night putting fresh sheets on my bed. pretty painful today.

i strained my achilles a while back leaning over to pet the dog

what i've gathered from this discussion is that we are all in peak performance shape.

Going to chat thread for job advice

3 options:

1. Accept promotion in current dept with heavy workload (manage 30 people call center)
2. Accept promotion in new dept with avg workload
3. Stay in current role with light workload

I’m interviewing for #2 next week and it’s my top option, #1 my boss says the role is mine if I want it but the stress scares me

my breaking down of the ridiculousness of the health insurance system and the behind-closed-doors agreements that customers are not privy to and the way different pharmacies read the same prescription on the phone to the supervisor of the customer support for my mail-in pharmacy netted me a hundo in credit back today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back