• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ABC Mafia - Juice and company juice Mako so hard

Continuing this conversation is not productive, says the guy posting exclusively about Richmond restaurants.

Either mako is the angel and he dies tonight, or he isn't and we get a counter/it becomes obvious soon. I don't see any reason why it's worth diving into in any depth right now.

Ryala, life changes. Go!!!

We're flying back to SF from JFK because it was easier/cheaper to get seats that would make our dog more comfortable. We've got reservations at Casa Mono and Claro. Critique my choices.

Where are you staying? Mono is great, love tapas - I've been a few times. I never end up leaving full, but the drinks are great - one of the few places in the city to get Spanish ciders. Generally end up at Dear Irving across the street afterwards, its a 1920s cocktail bar, amazing drinks.

Never been to Claro - the google machine says Brooklyn. I have a tough time leaving the island, only get to Brooklyn for little league games. Brutal honesty, have not found many great mexican places in NYC - but Im a sucker for cheap mexican food and a lot of NYC is "elevated".

On the road and as previous noted, I take a lot of pee pee breaks. Rating the piss stops that I frequent:
Wyndham
Hilton
Holiday Inn Suites
Comfort Inn
Sheetz
Mako's mom's house
Seems like one of those places is way underrated.

On the road and as previous noted, I take a lot of pee pee breaks. Rating the piss stops that I frequent:
Wyndham
Hilton
Holiday Inn Suites
Comfort Inn
Sheetz
Mako's mom's house

You stop in hotels to pee? Thats weird, seems like a time waster. Sheetz is by far and away the best bathrooms along the VA highways.

Where are you staying? Mono is great, love tapas - I've been a few times. I never end up leaving full, but the drinks are great - one of the few places in the city to get Spanish ciders. Generally end up at Dear Irving across the street afterwards, its a 1920s cocktail bar, amazing drinks.

Never been to Claro - the google machine says Brooklyn. I have a tough time leaving the island, only get to Brooklyn for little league games. Brutal honesty, have not found many great mexican places in NYC - but Im a sucker for cheap mexican food and a lot of NYC is "elevated".

there was a mexi place in BK i used to go to all the time when my wife lived in south slope, but i have no idea if it was actually good or if 23 year old me was just pumped to get good margaritas

You stop in hotels to pee? Thats weird, seems like a time waster. Sheetz is by far and away the best bathrooms along the VA highways.

I’ll pee anywhere, but there is no better place to drop a road load than a hotel lobby bathroom. Always clean, often single, never crowded.

Still trying to figure out where we're staying. Flight is early in the morning, so probably Brooklyn. My inner hipster says that Williamsburg is played out, so maybe Bushwick. That might be a better thing to critique.

Ryala, life changes. Go!!!

Moved from SF to Portland. Then drove across the country to come back to Richmond for a bit. Got engaged on the drive while at Zion. If you'll recall I asked like 8 months ago for good national park stops, this would be why. Nearly got murdered in rural Kentucky right after election day. Now we're moving from Richmond to Napa for 2-3 months. Will end up back in SF in like July/August.

I will expand more on each of these items with each day that I am allowed to live.

I come across grossness in some of the Sheetz, but it's still a step above other gas stations. I like hotel peeing just because 90% of the privacy, typically always clean and I can crank one out in peace during a stressful day.

there was a mexi place in BK i used to go to all the time when my wife lived in south slope, but i have no idea if it was actually good or if 23 year old me was just pumped to get good margaritas

Well, margaritas are a different story. Bunch of good marg places. Bunch of bad ones too. Sunday bottomless mexican brunches are a big thing - agave, anejo, cascabel all have decent drinks, but food is average. There is a mexican street food place like 5 blocks from my house that has 32 oz frozen margaritas that are great - hells kitchen is lined with mexican joints now with a bunch of outdoor seating.

I’ll pee anywhere, but there is no better place to drop a road load than a hotel lobby bathroom. Always clean, often single, never crowded.

Yep beat me to it. Most even smell good and have nice soap. Always nice paper towels and none if that shit blowing hand dryer nonsense.

Moved from SF to Portland. Then drove across the country to come back to Richmond for a bit. Got engaged on the drive while at Zion. If you'll recall I asked like 8 months ago for good national park stops, this would be why. Nearly got murdered in rural Kentucky right after election day. Now we're moving from Richmond to Napa for 2-3 months. Will end up back in SF in like July/August.

I will expand more on each of these items with each day that I am allowed to live.

Cool, so no reason to keep you alive.

When do I have to have another vote in? On 4% so gonna let it sit for a bit.

Kinda had the same concern on Mexican, but it was easy to get a reservation. Was also thinking of Wallse based on a rec from my partner's coworker.

In case there's a vote, mine is **Ryala***

I like you bro, but I sussed you from the get-go. The silence was deafening

Back