• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

They're going the payday lender route to acquire the nations assets route. Like Trump said, we shoulda just taken the oil.

while acknowledging I'm pretty out of my depth in this conversation, this route seems to be less deadly than the military occupation or the overthrow the democratically-elected government routes

alexa what is the IMF

02Brxum.png

wait the team from Mission Impossible is called the Impossible Mission Force?

lololol

A great speech in which Biden answered every possible question. (You can now stop applauding.) His decisions were sound and the main problem in their execution was due to the poor cooperation by the Afghan authorities and people. In short, it's all on them.

And now, after a job well done, back to Camp David.

while acknowledging I'm pretty out of my depth in this conversation, this route seems to be less deadly than the military occupation or the overthrow the democratically-elected government routes

less deadly, perhaps. But you lose access to that whole freedom of speech and press as a result.

are you of the mind that our options are military intervention, financial paternalism, or nothing?

human history shows that if we aren't the military superpower of the world, someone else would be. Many human beings generally seek power.

I guess then I'm hoping for some human moral progress

perhaps utopian naïveté, but I don't want to consent to a government where it's kill or be killed

Well there's state building and there's state building. I'd argue we know more about and have been a lot more successful with the American Project at home in these borders than we have been elsewhere in the world, for that almighty taxpayer ROI. Maybe it's a grand failure on both fronts, but whom do we bear the greatest responsibility for in the long run? For the good we've been able to do in the last century, we still have a very long way to go. What moral superiority do we have to go nation building around the world with the world's largest prison population, with millions of homeless and jobless and hungry, with unending medical and student and financial debt? Just our good name and a W in the last big war? Even our own democratic designs intended to make Congress authorize wars; we're just going to forever fight proxy and shadow wars behind keyboards and with private contractors now as the last bastion of Empire, democracy or public will be damned. That all ended when we went to an all-volunteer army, the vested stake we had as a nation in our foreign military affairs.

those oppressed college graduates with all that unfair debt should have looked into the GI Bill

Last edited:
Yeah that’s pretty much their African operation, build a bunch of infrastructure, get an IOU while owning the infrastructure, and therefore assert power over said country. The port being built in Tanzania is a good example, for awhile Tanzania saw through the plan but recently seemed to accept the conditions just to get a port built.

It's their entire belt and road initiative. But they still are massive investing in their military, specifically their navy as they seek to exert force by controlling the maritime supply chain globally.

Back