• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

https://babylonbee.com/news/rumors-..._10HwC-_uIvZ9FdbkhcV1FBSupJhTdJXj0X3Zuy6VGqfk

article-9264-1.jpg

right is getting better at comedy and it's making the left nervous

it'll blow their minds if Biden gets a spokesperson who chooses to wear a headscarf

I loved how JH spent a whole day pointing out that every left leaning opinion that the execution was poor but that the end result would have been the same mostly, was some sort of delusional bubble take. And then when he finally gives his opinion it's that...... the execution was poor but the end result would have mostly been the same anyway.

I loved how JH spent a whole day pointing out that every left leaning opinion that the execution was poor but that the end result would have been the same mostly, was some sort of delusional bubble take. And then when he finally gives his opinion it's that...... the execution was poor but the end result would have mostly been the same anyway.

Yep.

And I was on accboards 20 years ago when this dumbfuck war kicked off and this outcome was predicted by the board left no matter how long we stayed and how many troops deployed and billions of tax dollars pissed away, and the conservatives were all beating that drum and posting cartoons of an eagle sharpening its talons and whatnot. I’m his defense I imagine Jh was popping pimples before middle school at that time

Yep.

And I was on accboards 20 years ago when this dumbfuck war kicked off and this outcome was predicted by the board left no matter how long we stayed and how many troops deployed and billions of tax dollars pissed away, and the conservatives were all beating that drum and posting cartoons of an eagle sharpening its talons and whatnot. I’m his defense I imagine Jh was popping pimples before middle school at that time

I'm pretty sure he was serving in the military around that time...

Wasn’t sure of his age, but if he was serving at that time I’m sure he knew from his knowledge of military history that this outcome was inevitable and wasn’t pounding the war drum along with every conservative in America. We were called terrorist sympathizers and scared pussy liberals and told this absolutely had to happen or the terrorists win and we would all be under Sharia Law. Repeated 2 years later on Iraq and the liberals were right about both, just like we were right on the environment, guns, drugs, healthcare…..

We must be reading different message boards.

It’s the Afghan people who are being hurt by this. Address them. Americans stopped caring about Afghanistan years ago except for political gotchas and financial enrichment.

Meanwhile, outside the delusional bubble:

https://morningconsult.com/2021/08/16/afghanistan-withdrawal-taliban-polling/

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...thdrawal-from-afghanistan-tumbles-in-new-poll

Wasn’t sure of his age, but if he was serving at that time I’m sure he knew from his knowledge of military history that this outcome was inevitable and wasn’t pounding the war drum along with every conservative in America. We were called terrorist sympathizers and scared pussy liberals and told this absolutely had to happen or the terrorists win and we would all be under Sharia Law. Repeated 2 years later on Iraq and the liberals were right about both, just like we were right on the environment, guns, drugs, healthcare…..

We're about the same age, although I admit it is hard to tell from looking at each of us.

It is almost as if we are reading different boards, because no one here is actually defending Biden, despite what you keep saying. Some of us have said the fault ultimately lies else where, e.g., with the 20 years of bad decision making that lead to this weekend, but no one has said he's done a good job this week. This situation could have been better, it also could have been a lot worse, but all the possible outcomes were bad for America and amounted to a failed 20 year mission and 100s of billions of wasted dollars.

It is almost as if we are reading different boards, because no one here is actually defending Biden, despite what you keep saying. Some of us have said the fault ultimately lies else where, e.g., with the 20 years of bad decision making that lead to this weekend, but no one has said he's done a good job this week. This situation could have been better, it also could have been a lot worse, but all the possible outcomes were bad for America and amounted to a failed 20 year mission and 100s of billions of wasted dollars.

He did the right thing the wrong way, which I think how neocons have come to view entering and then fighting in the wars in general.

Aside from mass casualties, how could the situation this week have been much worse? We literally don't know how many Americans are over there and are having to remobilize to secure the airport to facilitate getting those unknown numbers out. Short of massive loss of life, this is the worst case scenario.

Aside from mass casualties, how could the situation this week have been much worse? We literally don't know how many Americans are over there and are having to remobilize to secure the airport to facilitate getting those unknown numbers out. Short of massive loss of life, this is the worst case scenario.

Without an air base because we gave it away.

I'll actually defend Biden on this.

Without an air base because we gave it away.

Right. As I posted earlier, the decision to abandon Bagram before the withdrawal was complete effectively turned the Kabul airport into a single point of failure for this entire operation.

That decision is really the big fuck up here.

If we are going to Monday morning QB this, how could it have been much better (other than keeping forces there to continue to prop up a government that was corrupt and lacked the support of the people, continue to lose lives of U.S. forces and continue to exhaust resources)? There is no "good way" to end a war. This always was going to end with chaos as the Taliban took over.

Back