• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Delta 8

ABCDeac

Reaction score
How/why is this legal when THC-9 is not? Surprised this is not a bigger deal in news.

How/why is this legal when THC-9 is not? Surprised this is not a bigger deal in news.

I've been using D8 for around a year now. The first time I ate a Delta 8 edible I tripped my balls off. I had not consumed thc of any form in quite some time so maybe my extremely low tolerance was to blame for my euphoric high. A friend of mine who smokes daily can take Delta 8 and feel nothing. I like it because there is no anxiety or paranoia that sometimes accompanies a weed high. They sell it in flower form now and it smells, looks, and smokes just like regular weed. I'm assuming it's some legal loophole that makes it okay. I'm not complaining.

Side note: I went to my first "dispensary" while I was in DC last week. They use the "gifting" loophole to sell in the district. I donated 200 dollars to an "art gallery" and the "art gallery" "gifted" me around a quarter of extremely kind purple indica called "Animal Spaze". First time I've smoked actual weed in a very long time, and good god it was nice to know what you're smoking and what kind of high to expect from it. The dice roll of sativa or indica that I would take every time I smoked weed from my dealer here in town was not fun. A strong sativa would have me up all night in existential crisis.

NC needs to get their shit together. It will be legal in VA on July 1st.

Delta 8 is extracted from hemp and was not explicitly made illegal in the 2018 Farm Bill, as I understand it. It's milder than marijuana.

So if you smoke a Delta 8 Sativa, will it still not cause anxiety?

This place https://theholisticconnectiontn.com/ opened up down the road from me about 7 months ago in Nashville, TN.

I went in there looking for CBD, and people were just straight up sitting at the dab bar smoking. They have Delta 8 and Delta 9 despite both supposedly being illegal in TN. I asked them how they did that and was immediately confused with the answer, but it apparently has something to do with the ratios (less than 3% thc by volume or some crazy metric). Regardless, they sell brownies, granola bars and all sorts of other stuff that is marked higher than 30mg's of THC per. So 3% or not, you're still getting a lot of THC if you buy those. It's practically a full blown dispensary and neither me nor any of my friends, some of whom are lawyers, understand how it is legal.

They also have a bitcoin ATM in the store, so maybe this place is just way ahead of its time.

Last edited:
So if you smoke a Delta 8 Sativa, will it still not cause anxiety?

I’m not 100% sure how it works but delta 8 thc doesn’t have the psychoactive effect that regular thc does. So I’m assuming it doesn’t matter the strain.

Delta 8 30 mg gummies are potent - at least the ones I've been buying. Yet to have anyone try one of those things that didn't get knocked on his/her ass. I've read all the stuff about the hemp loophole and I get the technical legality, I just think it is ridiculous. And I'm surprised it isn't more of a story. I really don't care about legalizing marijuana in NC as long as this stuff is legal.

Back