• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 NBA Draft

Pilchard

Reaction score
Here is a link to the list of NCAA hoops players that have declared for the NBA draft: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2021-nba-draft-early-entries-declarations-baylors-davion-mitchell-louisvilles-david-johnson-declare/

From the ACC:

- Scottie Barnes FSU
- Dayron Sharpe UNC
- Matthew Hurt Duke
- Justin Chapagnie (Pitt is going to really suck next year)
- DJ Steward Duke
- Keve Aluma VT
- Jay Huff UVA
- RaiQuan Gray
- Carlik Jones L’ville
- David Johnson L’ville
- Balsa Koprivica FSU

Others of note:

- Chaundee Brown Michigan
- Mac McClung Texas Tech
- Ayo Dosunmu Illinois

Not sure how many of those listed have signed with agent and closed the door on returning to college

Last edited:
I don’t know most of these guys.

haha, I had the exact same thought

I feel like I watched 8+ ACC games with WFU this year and yet, only really recognize Hurt and Champagnie, maybe Aluma (scrappy kid on one of the two virginia teams?)

You really should recognize Scotty Barnes.

I'd be #nervous about drafting Cade #1

he seemed kinda soft in the NCAAT

Kind of late to be putting out Mock Draft 1.0, but welcome to the club Jeff Goodman.

The NBA draft combine is going on, and TN Frosh Keon Johnson set a combine record with a ridiculous vertical leap of 48 inches. Broke the NBA combine record by 2.5"

https://twitter.com/dmurrayNBA/status/1407866333098917891

Max vertical leap leaders
Player Position Max vertical leap (inches)
1 Keon Johnson SG 48.0
2 Jericho Sims C 44.5
3 Yves Pons PF 42.5
4 Scottie Lewis SF 42.0
4 Joe Wieskamp SF 42.0
6 Ochai Agbaji SG 41.5
6 Jaden Springer SG 41.5
8 AJ Lawson 🇨🇦 SG/SF 41.0
9 Scottie Barnes SF 39.5
9 Terrence Shannon Jr. SF 39.5
9 Ziaire Williams SF 39.5

Last edited:
Damn. Dunk off two feet at the restricted area and his head is near the rim.

Here are the NBA draft deadlines:

June 19-21: NBA G League Elite Camp
June 21-27: NBA draft combine
June 22: NBA draft lottery
July 7: Deadline for an early entry player to withdraw from the draft and maintain their collegiate eligibility
July 19: Deadline for an early entry player to withdraw from the NBA draft (5 p.m. EST)
July 29: 2021 NBA draft
Aug. 2: Teams can begin negotiating with free agents (6 p.m. EST)
Aug. 6: Teams can begin signing free agents (12:01 p.m. EST)
Aug 8-17: NBA Summer League 2021 (Las Vegas)

That is exactly the problem with college athletics these days and ACC hoops to be exact. We all used to know every coach, every player on each team and when we were going to play said team in the rotation. Now with transfer portals and "one/two & dones" they are gone. So we all have basically quit caring. Just don't watch much on TV of ACC baskets these days and since the Bz/Manning coaching debacles have quit going to our games even tho' I am in town.

That is exactly the problem with college athletics these days and ACC hoops to be exact. We all used to know every coach, every player on each team and when we were going to play said team in the rotation. Now with transfer portals and "one/two & dones" they are gone. So we all have basically quit caring. Just don't watch much on TV of ACC baskets these days and since the Bz/Manning coaching debacles have quit going to our games even tho' I am in town.

I agree with most of this. And also conference expansion hurt basketball more than football. I have still gone to basketball games when someone has given me tickets and a parking pass- which is often since few people seem to want to go anymore.

Rumor has it that the Cavs are looking hard at Evan Mobley at #3, which would prompt them to sign and trade Jarrett Allen who is a RFA. I would jizz for days if the Hornets could swing this draft into Jarrett Allen who fits our timeline and biggest need perfectly. From a win-now standpoint I don't know if they would want Rozier since they have Sexland, but the salaries would generally work given what Allen should get, and Rozier is expiring next season so maybe it makes sense. I'd give them Rozier and a 2022 1st for S+T Allen, we'd still have the cap room to resign Monk and Graham, then draft Jalen Johnson at #11 this year and we'd be set and stacked moving forward.

You want Jalen Johnson? I haven’t seen him that high in any mocks. Usually he’s low teens.

Back