• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 NBA Draft

In that scenario, yes. Our starters would be set and we'd be looking for a 7th/8th/9th man. I'd take his physical tools and longterm upside as a potential stud wing rather than someone who needs to step in and help immediately. If we don't have a veteran bigman like Allen lined up for LaMelo though, then the analysis definitely changes.

The NBA draft combine is going on, and TN Frosh Keon Johnson set a combine record with a ridiculous vertical leap of 48 inches. Broke the NBA combine record by 2.5"

https://twitter.com/dmurrayNBA/status/1407866333098917891

Max vertical leap leaders
Player Position Max vertical leap (inches)
1 Keon Johnson SG 48.0
2 Jericho Sims C 44.5
3 Yves Pons PF 42.5
4 Scottie Lewis SF 42.0
4 Joe Wieskamp SF 42.0
6 Ochai Agbaji SG 41.5
6 Jaden Springer SG 41.5
8 AJ Lawson  SG/SF 41.0
9 Scottie Barnes SF 39.5
9 Terrence Shannon Jr. SF 39.5
9 Ziaire Williams SF 39.5

When seen in person David Thompson's 42" looked unworldly to me.

48" is Fox Mulder territory.

In that scenario, yes. Our starters would be set and we'd be looking for a 7th/8th/9th man. I'd take his physical tools and longterm upside as a potential stud wing rather than someone who needs to step in and help immediately. If we don't have a veteran bigman like Allen lined up for LaMelo though, then the analysis definitely changes.

The Hornets didn't make the playoffs. The starters are not set.

The Hornets didn't make the playoffs. The starters are not set.

They missed the playoffs because of an insane rash of injuries and Covid protocols. Before the wheels came off with the injuries, they were 4th in the East with an extremely young core that improved tremendously without the benefit of a training camp, plus Gordo. They are led by a 19 year old. Other than at the 5 and barring any major injuries, they will roll with what they have for starters for the next few years unless they happen to hit on an upside pick like Jalen Johnson.

I think the Hornets are in a good spot

but you can't shit-talk Embiid as being injury prone and then complain about a rash of injuries when Gordon Hayward gets hurt

Last edited:
These days anytime a star gets injured on a good team I just innately assume the team is just faking it mostly just to rest him for the playoffs.

Back