• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Gold & Black (newspaper) Subscriptions - Forbes subscribed and so should you

atldeac23

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm currently a sophomore at Wake and outside of classes I work for the Old Gold & Black student newspaper. I have been tasked with restarting the papers subscription service, which due to past incompetence, is currently non-existent. We are planning on restarting the service next fall.

The price will be $50 for the semester (13 issues). The paper is printed every Thursday, so a subscriber would likely receive the paper every Saturday. We generally have some decent sports coverage with interviews from players you might not see in other publications. Also, of course there is normal campus news/controversies. We also are planning on printing an ACC Basketball Preview in November which should be pretty awesome. The profits made from the subscription enterprise will be used to pay staff writers and copy editors who are probably currently underpaid (they make less than minimum wage).

If anyone is interested, we are currently taking subscribers for Fall of 2021, and I'll send you the remaining issues from this semester free of charge. If you feel so inclined, please write a check payable to The Old Gold & Black and send it to the address below. Unless otherwise noted, I will use your return address as the address for the subscription. My apologies to the moderators if this is not allowed.

P.O. Box 7569
1834 Wake Forest Road
Winson-Salem, NC, 27109

PS: Here is an article from a 2007 issue that contains an article about some older iteration of this board. Could be a good trip down memory lane for some.

Last edited:
Funny, somebody just posted that article a few days ago. Weird seeing yourself quoted from almost fifteen years ago.

Someone under the age of 30 is posting on the board. That's awesome.

Been gone from WFU for over 40 years, but anytime I'm on campus I still swing by Reynolda to snag a copy of the Old Gold and Black.
I'm sure Wake now has its own printing capabilities in-house, but back in the '70's it was printed by a local paper up in King. On occasion I would make the Thursday trip with one of the guys on the newspaper staff to King to pick the thing up.

good sales pitch atldeac with the 2007 boards link. August is a better time than April to push this. DM @Les_Johns on Twitter to see if he can retweet your pitch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

anytime I'm on campus I still swing by Reynolda to snag a copy of the Old Gold and Black.
yep, I normally get it at the ZSR entrance, favorite part by far is POLICE BEATS where they tell you a freshmen was written up for peeing off Collins roof

A bot that was aware in 2007 of the subtle misogyny of the "hot chicks thread" and the childish antics of rjkarl. Impressive how far artificial intelligence had come

I actually don't think making either observation is remotely impressive

You should go back and read some shit from 2007

Also I wasn't entirely serious, if that wasn't clear

Been gone from WFU for over 40 years, but anytime I'm on campus I still swing by Reynolda to snag a copy of the Old Gold and Black.
I'm sure Wake now has its own printing capabilities in-house, but back in the '70's it was printed by a local paper up in King. On occasion I would make the Thursday trip with one of the guys on the newspaper staff to King to pick the thing up.

It's actually printed by Triangle Publishing out of Durham. WFU definitely doesn't have the capabilities.

good sales pitch atldeac with the 2007 boards link. August is a better time than April to push this. DM @Les_Johns on Twitter to see if he can retweet your pitch.

Good advice, thank you.

yep, I normally get it at the ZSR entrance, favorite part by far is POLICE BEATS where they tell you a freshmen was written up for peeing off Collins roof

Police Beats is definitely the best part. My favorite was when a campus police officer spotted *8* females getting out of a beige jetta at 2am. It's even better now because COVID violations are included.

Does the conservative offshoot that formed after the cracker hysteria still exist?

I remember always being on the boards while working in the OGB office when that article was written.

A bot that was aware in 2007 of the subtle misogyny of the "hot chicks thread" and the childish antics of rjkarl. Impressive how far artificial intelligence had come

Wait a god damn minute?

Are hot chicks canceled now?

Police Beats is definitely the best part. My favorite was when a campus police officer spotted *8* females getting out of a beige jetta at 2am. It's even better now because COVID violations are included.

My favorite was when the Wake PD received reports of somebody "harassing squirrels," whatever that meant. It was not the same incident where the PIKAs launched a squirrel head into the Sig Ep courtyard with their water balloon launcher.

Not sure if it's still the case, but 30 years ago, WAKE radio was housed right next to the OG&B offices. My friend and I had a very late show there, and nobody listened anyway, so we would play whatever we wanted and every now and then sing along on air. Beer and weed were often taken up there. We would play basically whatever the hell we wanted. Slayer followed by CSN&Y followed by Jane's Addiction or whatever. Screw continuity. We would always throw on something like Suite Judy Blue Eyes or some other long song when it was time to partake in some wackus weedus. I was no longer partaking at that point, but one time I guess one of our friends was not particularly smart and brought a fatty up there, which would always be smoked in the bathroom, which was right next to the OG&B door. Anyway, they stunk up the place, a complaint was lodged, and that was the end of that radio show.

Back