• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning to MD as Assistant to Turgeon

Not to cause more commotion on our favorite topic of Danny’s buyout, but does this help reduce our payments or has that already been settled at some reduced amount due to his gross negligence as a coach?

Not to cause more commotion on our favorite topic of Danny’s buyout, but does this help reduce our payments or has that already been settled at some reduced amount due to his gross negligence as a coach?
No one knows.

Manning placed in charge of increasing paint touches and trips to the line?

We thought the same thing when Manning was hired that his name would open parents' doors. We knew he couldn't coach , but we thought he would be able to recruit great athletes who could win despite him. I'm sure he will bring the same traits to MD.

we did not know a thing back then about his coaching but hoped his name would help bring in some big names. We did not know how lazy he was going to be on the recruiting trail nor how hardheaded he was going to be as far as trying and changing things in the gym. Plus how droll his personality actually was.

Well done Maryland...you dumbasses. I love this. Mannequin sucks. Going to be fun to watch a dumpster fire that does not involve the Deacs.

This has LOL written all over it. Mannequin is a piece of shit.

Wake Forest the cradle of assistant coaches.

Well done Maryland...you dumbasses. I love this. Mannequin sucks. Going to be fun to watch a dumpster fire that does not involve the Deacs.

This has LOL written all over it. Mannequin is a piece of shit.

He doesn’t have enough power or influence to make it a dumpster fire. Maryland will probably continue to be mediocre.

Maryland now to the DFL in the BI6 for the win! ACC traitors.

Serves them right.

Good for Danny and good luck to him. Good guy. I saw big man development. Hope it works out.
Lol. Because minimally developing a couple of players is some sort of something to celebrate a man for.

Could have sworn I saw Mannequin Monday at the Tanglewood Par 3 course/driving range when I was picking my daughter up from First Tee practice. He was getting out of a Range Rover, walking across the parking lot to the "clubhouse".

Apparently Danny Manning is exactly what Mark Turgeon needed to help him play faster!

Apparently Danny Manning is exactly what Mark Turgeon needed to help him play faster!

A Maryland fan asked about the speed of play. I told him that minimal D coupled with high turnovers made it look like Wake played fast.

DFL's house in W-S is pretty nice. It will cost you $1.45MM, though

Back