• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Boogie. Just simply, "Boogie".

Like a Brazilian footballer.

Amazon has so much money that they don't know what to with it... Why not buy the rights to NFL Football and put the squeeze on the competing streaming service providers?

Amazon has so much money that they don't know what to with it... Why not buy the rights to NFL Football and put the squeeze on the competing streaming service providers?
Doing similar things in the UK with Premier League matches

Of course it appears no transaction would actually happen till after June 1. But will be something to follow for the next few weeks. NFL knows how to run a reality show.

So who are the contenders? In the AFC, it appears to be Den, Mia and LV, probably in that order. This assumes GB will only trade him out of conference. If I'm Rodgers, I want no part of LV's OL and sieve of a D. Den and Mia are on more solid ground to compete right away. If I'm GB, do I believe in love and bring in someone to compete with him, or do I think he doesn't have it after what they saw last year, and I want to replace him. If I want to replace him, Tua and Carr make more sense, and if I just want competition, Lock makes more sense. If they're willing to trade him within the NFC, that might bring Car and WTF into play. Fitzmagic could be the mentor to Love, and Darnold could be the competition. Not sure who has the cap room for Rodgers, though I doubt NO does. The other factor for Den is they can now cut Jones after his season ending Achilles yesterday away from the facility, and wouldn't his $10mil against the cap disappear? May is usually relative dead time for the NFL, but Rodgers will now dominate the headlines for the next month.

Rodgers to Denver. His fiancee lives in Boulder.

The two of them aren't moving to no Trump ass state.

As long as he doesn’t end up in the NFC South, particularly on the Saints, I don’t care where he goes.

Will be interesting to see how the Rodgers scenario plays out. Apparently, there is some salary cap benefit for the Packers if they deal him after June 1. So, for now, GB is trying to make up with Rodgers, but if things aren't smoothed over in the next month (doubtful), then the Packers may be forced to make a move because Rodgers seems like the rare kind of guy that would sit out the season out of spite, and the haul for Rodgers would be greatest before this season as his window an super-elite QB is probably 2 to 3 years (so, losing one of those seasons, greatly reduces his value). Sounds like the asking price for Rodgers is multiple firsts, a QB (the guy that would be starting before the team traded for Rodgers) and probably a young inexpensive defensive stud.

Also, while they wouldn't trade him within the division, IMO, the Packers will be trade with whomever offers the best deal: NFC or AFC.

Last edited:
It was interesting that Rodgers camp waited until draft day to leak his desire to be traded and now wanting to play for Green Bay on draft day, which was 1 year from when Green Bay drafted Jordan Love in the 1st round w/o any pre-discussion with Rodgers.

Not ready. Rodgers knows it, and he is using it as leverage.

I heard he was the 3rd quarterback (basically emergency QB) for the entire 2020 season, he didn't even dress as the #2 QB for a single game.

It was interesting that Rodgers camp waited until draft day to leak his desire to be traded and now wanting to play for Green Bay on draft day, which was 1 year from when Green Bay drafted Jordan Love in the 1st round w/o any pre-discussion with Rodgers.

Karma can be a bitch, and there was no mistake in the timing of this 30 minutes before the start of the draft. I think what essentially happened is he said he would be a good citizen last year but wanted to be traded or get a new contract for this year that would ensure he's there for the foreseeable future. GB did neither. And add to that, it's increasingly sounding like Love is a bust. GB also recently cut his best friend on the team. And Rodgers refers to Gutekunst as Jerry Krausse in communications with teammates. This is an occasion where not having an owner is detrimental to the team. GB will be forced to trade him post-6/1, otherwise he'll tell them he's going to do Jeopardy, and they get nothing for him. And if it turns out that neither Lock nor Love is a franchise QB, they clean house in 2-3 years. They should try to do a deal with Miami or LV so they can at least get Tua or Carr in the deal.

Back