• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

leverage for what?

If Love was the next Pat Mahomes (Mahomes was a 1st round pick who sat his rookie year, but was ready to play), the Packers would hold the leverage as they could let Rodgers hold out (or hold his breath while the Packers let him pout while watching Jeopardy).

Since GB has no viable QB alternative on the roster, GB has to trade Rodgers (which is what Rodgers wants to acquire a viable QB) or offer him an extension.

I guess

but would also be more willing to trade Rodgers (which is what he wants) if Love was ready

leverage for what?

To either get an extension for Mahomesish $$ or to get a trade. He wanted 1 or the other this offseason, and GB gave him neither - hence the pre-draft bombshell. They could have extended, but they're better off financially waiting till 6/2 to trade him.

Nomadic, he'll stay for a $40+mil/yr extension that ensures he's there more than just this next season. But he ain't staying on his current contract. GB's choice is extend, trade or Jeopardy. A-aron is dug in.

yeah, if he's trying to get paid then yes he has leverage

I just hadn't heard he was seeking a new contract -- he's due $22+M per year the next three years at 38 years old

yeah, if he's trying to get paid then yes he has leverage

I just hadn't heard he was seeking a new contract -- he's due $22+M per year the next three years at 38 years old

It's been rumored that he wants more money in an extension that keeps him around longer and makes them trade Love as a mea culpa. And he basically intimated that in his comments - that he's wanted a longer term commitment and hasn't gotten it. Either that or a trade. He got neither and declared war.

DK Metcalf ran the 100m in 10.36 at the USATF Golden Games, an Olympics qualifier. Third slowest time in two heats. The winner ran 10.09. 10.36 seems quite respectable for a big football guy who didn't even run the 100m in high school track.

DK Metcalf ran the 100m in 10.36 at the USATF Golden Games, an Olympics qualifier. Third slowest time in two heats. The winner ran 10.09. 10.36 seems quite respectable for a big football guy who didn't even run the 100m in high school track.

More than respectable. Ato Boldon expected him to run a 10.6/10.7. For a guy of his size, that's amazing...imagine if he dedicated himself to perfecting sprint technique.

Yeah. He could slim down a few lbs and work on his form and shave some time. I don't know his specific motivation, but DK seems to have gained some respect for the T&F community and solidified his spot as one of the fastest guys in the league.

Yeah. He could slim down a few lbs and work on his form and shave some time. I don't know his specific motivation, but DK seems to have gained some respect for the T&F community and solidified his spot as one of the fastest guys in the league.

he'll never live down this defeat

Mini camps for rookies open this weekend. Big opportunity for Sage and Jamie to impress their new teams.

During his tenure with the Bills, Benjamin’s time is remembered for numerous reasons, among them was a comment on Monday Night Football by ESPN commentator Booger McFarland. McFarland, providing color commentary, caused the internet to blow up when he said Benjamin is “a Popeyes biscuit away from being a tight end.”

I'm mad I never heard that before.

I had not heard it before either. I doubt if Booger's comment really caused the internet reaction they claim.

Describing Benjamin as a WR who could not get separation but won a lot of jump balls reminded me of Surratt's game.

Except KB was a 1st round grade who got picked in the 1st round and actually had a good start to his career.

A tongue in cheek paragraph from the Athletic on the Eagles schedule:

Wulf: Did anyone else read the start of Zach’s penultimate sentence above as “Will Smith,” as in the actor? Something to think about for the Eagles fans who circle Denver as their most sought-after road trip of the season. Kendall Hinton outduels Jamie Newman. Loss (4-5-1).

Back