Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: NFL Year 2021 Begins. DRAFT: Did your team fill its needs, wants and wishes? .

I doubt he goes anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Not ready. Rodgers knows it, and he is using it as leverage.
    leverage for what?

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    leverage for what?
    If Love was the next Pat Mahomes (Mahomes was a 1st round pick who sat his rookie year, but was ready to play), the Packers would hold the leverage as they could let Rodgers hold out (or hold his breath while the Packers let him pout while watching Jeopardy).

Since GB has no viable QB alternative on the roster, GB has to trade Rodgers (which is what Rodgers wants to acquire a viable QB) or offer him an extension.

I guess

but would also be more willing to trade Rodgers (which is what he wants) if Love was ready

leverage for what?
    To either get an extension for Mahomesish $$ or to get a trade. He wanted 1 or the other this offseason, and GB gave him neither - hence the pre-draft bombshell. They could have extended, but they're better off financially waiting till 6/2 to trade him.

Nomadic, he'll stay for a $40+mil/yr extension that ensures he's there more than just this next season. But he ain't staying on his current contract. GB's choice is extend, trade or Jeopardy. A-aron is dug in.

yeah, if he's trying to get paid then yes he has leverage

I just hadn't heard he was seeking a new contract -- he's due $22+M per year the next three years at 38 years old

yeah, if he's trying to get paid then yes he has leverage

I just hadn't heard he was seeking a new contract -- he's due $22+M per year the next three years at 38 years old
    It's been rumored that he wants more money in an extension that keeps him around longer and makes them trade Love as a mea culpa. And he basically intimated that in his comments - that he's wanted a longer term commitment and hasn't gotten it. Either that or a trade. He got neither and declared war.

Players are working out individually off-site due to Covid. One guy torn his ACL. The NFL and NFLPA are fighting about it
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nflpa-sugge...231515356.html

Bills say they may cut players who do not get vaccinated
    https://sports.yahoo.com/buffalo-bil...220257441.html

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    DK Metcalf ran the 100m in 10.36 at the USATF Golden Games, an Olympics qualifier. Third slowest time in two heats. The winner ran 10.09. 10.36 seems quite respectable for a big football guy who didn't even run the 100m in high school track.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    DK Metcalf ran the 100m in 10.36 at the USATF Golden Games, an Olympics qualifier. Third slowest time in two heats. The winner ran 10.09. 10.36 seems quite respectable for a big football guy who didn't even run the 100m in high school track.
    More than respectable. Ato Boldon expected him to run a 10.6/10.7. For a guy of his size, that's amazing...imagine if he dedicated himself to perfecting sprint technique.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Yeah. He could slim down a few lbs and work on his form and shave some time. I don't know his specific motivation, but DK seems to have gained some respect for the T&F community and solidified his spot as one of the fastest guys in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yeah. He could slim down a few lbs and work on his form and shave some time. I don't know his specific motivation, but DK seems to have gained some respect for the T&F community and solidified his spot as one of the fastest guys in the league.
    he'll never live down this defeat