• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

That would have been a bold move that would be viewed as genius or incredibly stupid pending the outcome.

I dont understand rushing anyone if you're the Buffalo D. Let Mahomes sit back there and take his time if he wants. Put all eleven back and give him a 10 yard play. You know he has to rush to get two plays off - pressure doesn't help at all.

I dont understand rushing anyone if you're the Buffalo D. Let Mahomes sit back there and take his time if he wants. Put all eleven back and give him a 10 yard play. You know he has to rush to get two plays off - pressure doesn't help at all.

This. And there was another sneaky thing you could do that my Ravens did at the end of our last SB: hold everyone. In that game, when we were punting from our endzone, our blockers essentially tackled all the rushers so our punter could hang out in the endzone for 10-12 seconds before taking a safety. So what Buffalo should have done (with KC having 3 TOs left) was to mug all WRs and TEs right off the LOS, take the 5 yard penalty, rinse, repeat and win. McDermott and Frazier blew that game.

This. And there was another sneaky thing you could do that my Ravens did at the end of our last SB: hold everyone. In that game, when we were punting from our endzone, our blockers essentially tackled all the rushers so our punter could hang out in the endzone for 10-12 seconds before taking a safety. So what Buffalo should have done (with KC having 3 TOs left) was to mug all WRs and TEs right off the LOS, take the 5 yard penalty, rinse, repeat and win. McDermott and Frazier blew that game.

2nd time you try that it is a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, it's not just a 5-yard holding penalty indefinitely.

I believe they changed the rule so the time goes back on the clock as well so you can't do it anymore.

It sucks having to hate the chiefs because Mahomes wife and brother are such douche bags

I had never really heard of mahomes little brother before but a little googling leads me to believe that he is a huge douche.

I think everyone is scratching their head on that one. At least put 8 back and not so many big holes.

I think everyone is scratching their head on that one. At least put 8 back and not so many big holes.

This would be one concern, it's the identical play that they ran to start the drive with 13 seconds left, just with the Cowboys putting everyone back on the goal line. In this case needing a FG, if Hill gets a running start with blockers, he could get you down to the 30 yard line or closer with plenty of time to go down and call timeout.

Sean Payton "stepping down" as Saints head coach.

Reports of Leftwich to the Jags. Good luck to him!

Reports of Leftwich to the Jags. Good luck to him!

Makes sense, and I think that's who most of us thought they'd end up with. The interesting thing about Jax to me is Baalke and how well he drafts these next few years. They didn't do a great job last year, although we don't know if that was him or Meyer because Meyer had final say. And I bet using a 1st on a RB was Meyer's call. A decade back, there was a big debate as to who was more responsible bringing in all their talent - him or the college scout with alcohol issues who ended up with WTF for a few years. So that'll be an interesting team to follow in the draft and in FA.

good luck to leftwich

i'll always remember flipping to a random marshall football game one night and watching his teammates carry him up to the line to keep a drive going

Don't see anything close to a confirmation that the Jags have picked Leftwich.

Back