• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Sucks. I was looking forward to finally being free to root for him beyond the CFP.

Yeah, too bad for Etienne. But that was a waste of a 1st round pick. They return a 1K yard rusher and have holes all over the OL and defense, but they take a RB in the 1st. I like what Douglas and Saleh are doing in NYJ, but I don't get what Meyer is doing in Jax, which is fine because I always hated that guy in the college ranks. I'd be happy to see him wig out and leave during the middle of next season.

Looks like all the Wake guys survived the latest round of cuts.

Both of Ricky Proehl's sons have gotten cut.

Here's an article on Dortch:

[h=1]Cardinals’ wide receiver Greg Dortch continues to impress with a 53-man roster spot up for grabs[/h]
Former Wake Forest product made practice squad stints with four different teams since 2019

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...mpress-with-a-53-man-roster-spot-up-for-grabs

At the time of the Greg Dortch signing in early August, he was considered by many to be just a camp body. Christian Kirk was sidelined with a “minor” injury and now former Cardinal Rico Gafford was on the Reserve/COVID-19 list at the time. The Cardinals needed an extra pair of hands and got it with this addition.
Now after his eye-catching performances through the first two preseason games, Dortch is making a strong case at a Cardinals’ 53-man roster spot.
So far, he has hauled in all five of his targets for 71 yards.

Though his stats are not very marveling, Dortch was easily the Cardinals’ second-best receiver after Rondale Moore this preseason.
He made an incredible 20-yard catch in traffic with a defender all over him against the Dallas Cowboys as well as a 19-yard bobbling catch with good concentration against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Dortch may be small, standing at 5-foot-7 and 175 pounds, but all he has done is made plays throughout training camp and the preseason when he was presented with opportunities.

DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore are the only receivers that are guaranteed roster spots. That leaves two or even three more receiver spots available with the Cardinals.
The spotlight is on Greg Dortch. He is turning heads. The final week of the preseason is upon us as the Cardinals faceoff against the New Orleans Saints on August 28 at 8 P.M. EDT.
This is his time to shine as he is making a legitimately strong case for a 53-man roster spot.

Last edited:
a bit old news, but Amari Henderson was cut by the Vikings in the first wave last week

NFL Year 2021. Camps Open. Pre-season games.

Didn’t realize he was in their camp.

One of Proehl’s sons Blake blew his knee out and was cut by Vikings…but was apparently impressing and on track for a possible practice squad at least spot prior to his injury. Thought the other Austin was in the mix for PR role with Chargers the last I checked so was surprised to see him cut this early.

9 Titans, including Vrabel and Tannehill, have tested positive. Didn't they have a big a outbreak(s) last season that caused a couple of games on like Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

9 Titans, including Vrabel and Tannehill, have tested positive. Didn't they have a big a outbreak(s) last season that caused a couple of games on like Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Yes. The Titans were the first or among the first teams that had to miss a game because of COVID. The NFL used the Titans as an example of how NOT run the team to convince others to take COVID precautions.

Yes. The Titans were the first or among the first teams that had to miss a game because of COVID. The NFL used the Titans as an example of how NOT run the team to convince others to take COVID precautions.

Titans are just trying to fit into the surrounding populace

Cards-Saints cancelled due to Hurricane Ida. Tough luck for Dortch. This was his last chance to show what he can do. He didn’t even get to return a punt last week.

Ravens RB JK Dobbins out for the season.

Gus Edwards and Justice Hill also on the roster.

Last edited:
Ravens RB JK Dobbins out for the season.

Gus Edwards and Justice Hill also on the roster.

The name to watch out for is Ty'son Williams. He's looked great in camp and in preseason games, and he'd essentially beaten out Hill for the #3 RB. I see him as RB2, not Hill. For folks who haven't had their draft yet, you're welcome. You will look brilliant in retrospect for taking him with your 2nd to last pick.

But yes, quite the unwelcome news.

meh there are better handcuffs than Ty’son, definitely going to try to draft Gus though

meh there are better handcuffs than Ty’son, definitely going to try to draft Gus though

my draft is tonight and was thinking that, but also concerned this is Gus' peak value. If they bring in a Gurley, who has already visited, Gus will not get nearly the volume he is currently projected.

Drafting before the 53 man rosters are even set should be banned.

GM's and coaching staffs will be working extra today and tomorrow as they cut rosters to 53 players. Which guys earned those last few spots?

Getting guys onto "can return this season IR." Getting guys through waivers onto still 17 man practice squads. Attempting last minute trades to fill roster position holes and for guys you don't have room for, but think have value.

my draft is tonight and was thinking that, but also concerned this is Gus' peak value. If they bring in a Gurley, who has already visited, Gus will not get nearly the volume he is currently projected.

Early indication is Balmur will go with Gus, Ty'son and Justice Hill. Ty'son was on the PS last year and really impressed this summer. Check out this TD run against Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_xzfXfyfU

Whoa, Cam Newton cut. But I'm sure Rhule and Tepper are smarter than Bill Belichick when it comes to evaluating talent like Mac Jones.

Back