• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

[h=1]Hometown hospital cuts ties with Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins over vaccine comments[/h]
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...sota-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-vaccine-comments

Holland Hospital issued a statement via local radio station WHTC 1450 AM upon severing ties with Cousins, who had partnered with the hospital's sports medicine program since 2017.
"As the trusted health care leader along the lakeshore, we are committed to providing accurate, timely health information and guidance based on guidelines from the CDC and medical experts," the statement read.
"While we acknowledge that each person is entitled to their own viewpoints, those who speak on our behalf must support messages that align with the hospital's position on matters of vital importance to individual and community health.
"For this reason, Holland Hospital will discontinue using Kirk Cousins as our spokesperson for now. We are proud of our association with Kirk. He embodies many values we respect and share as part of our work culture.
"However, we must be certain that our communications about COVID vaccination are consistent and unequivocal."

Allen just turned 25. So, he is locked up for ages 25 to 30. Injury is always a risk and the $43 million a year (not all of it is guaranteed) will limit the Bills spending on other positions, but age-wise the deal is limited to Allen's prime years; it's not like the Bills are obligated to Allen in his late 30s. In all sports, the trend is moving to paying players when they are in their late 20s, and not offering big contracts to players into their 30s.

Last edited:
NFL Year 2021. Camps Open.

….

NFL Year 2021. Camps Open.

I should add to that point that the NFL schedule synchs up to the Fall semester which makes it easy for players to go back to school to finish their degrees in the Spring and Summer A. They also have the NFLPA sponsored MBA program. The NFL has stronger links to higher education than other pro sports.

Last edited:
Yes, but statistically speaking, all the coaches and staff outside of the Vikes OL coach, and 90+% of the players are vaxxed. So the NFL is doing a lot better than the population at large. And Cousins isn't doing himself any long term favors. The Vikes were trying to trade up to get Fields but were beaten out by the Bears. His days as a starting QB in Minn at his current price are numbered.

I would have serious concerns about the intelligence level of my QB and his decision making ability based on his position on not getting vaccinated.

Allen just turned 25. So, he is locked up for ages 25 to 30. Injury is always a risk and the $43 million a year (not all of it is guaranteed) will limit the Bills spending on other positions, but age-wise the deal is limited to Allen's prime years; it's not like the Bills are obligated to Allen in his late 30s. In all sports, the trend is moving to paying players when they are in their late 20s, and not offering big contracts to players into their 30s.

It's actually, IMO, a team friendly deal. The cap is going to go up and they lock him in at today's rates, not tomorrow's. I'm happy we got him to sign now - honestly, he'd have been better off financially to wait, but I think he understands that the Bills will need those $$$ to re-sign Edmunds, extend Diggs, etc...

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on his HOF induction

E8W36SBXIAMM2LX

I would like DV7 to address why Jerry Jones feels the necessity to add salt to what appears to be a burger king sausage egg and cheese biscuit

I would like DV7 to address why Jerry Jones feels the necessity to add salt to what appears to be a burger king sausage egg and cheese biscuit

I don't know what you are talking about. Furthermore, I don't care about what Jerry Jones does with a breakfast sandwich.

Why the fuck do you care what another person does with their own breakfast sandwich? That's a weird thing to care about.

Dortch is playing for the Cardinals vs. the Cowboys right now. He had a 16 yard punt return.

Glad I kept this game on in the background. Dortch had two very good catches on what will likely be the last Cardinal drive of the game.

Last edited:
Anyone want to weigh in on whether or not Jamie, Sage, or Dortch will ever play in the NFL?

NFL Year 2021. Camps Open. Pre-season games.

Dortch really helped himself with his two great catches last week. He has a shot. He’s playing tomorrow night on ESPN. Scotty Washington should be playing on NFLN.

Last edited:
Back