• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I really like that new 2 guys rule. I think they get a full game check before going back to the practice squad too.

Bachman, Dortch, Hinton, Surratt, Washington. Five borderline NFL WR from the last few seasons.

Dom Maggio didn’t make the Falcons roster. Some guy who punted at UGA did.

On a sad note, David Patten, retired Patriots wide receiver, died in a motorcycle wreck in South Carolina. He got three rings with the Patriots. He is also the trivia question answer to, "who caught Tom Brady's first Superbowl touchdown pass?"

In two days the NFL season opens with games that count.

WTF is going on with them? Gus Edwards now done for the year, and Marcus Peters too?

We may be becoming what SF was last year. I wasn't in favor of paying for Murray when Dobbins went down. But we just restructured a couple of contracts, so that could now be happening. I don't think Bell has much left in the tank. And losing a CB the caliber of Peters is really tough. Still think we'll be competitive and could get a wild card, but we're likely no longer a real SB contender.

My super bowl future ticket on the Ravens isn't looking so great.

Fun stat:

The Browns haven't won a season opening game since 2004. 0-15-1 since then. Almost impossible in a parity driven league.

My super bowl future ticket on the Ravens isn't looking so great.

Just watched some footage from today's practice. They weren't in pads, and it looked like a walk through, so they were non-contact injuries. We went back to grass at M&T like 5 years ago after having 3 bad injury seasons in a row, and our practice fields are supposed to be good. This happens every year to a team or 2. Last year it was SF and to a lesser extent LAC. So yeah, your bet isn't worth a ton at this point, and I see KC, Buf and Cle as the 3 real SB contenders in the AFC. But I'm hoping Averett balls out at CB and nets us a good comp pick the following year. Jimmy Smith also just started practicing again, and Westry looked good in preseason. So at least we're deep at DB.

Fun stat:

The Browns haven't won a season opening game since 2004. 0-15-1 since then. Almost impossible in a parity driven league.

And they won't win this year's either. But they will win a ton after that - think they'll win 12-13. They may have the best OL in the game, and their defensive pieces should make that an improved unit.

Yeah, the Browns have been made front to back which is a solid strategy on both sides of the ball.

Back