• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

OL is not good, but if Cohen is healthy then the weapons are there

I guess the concern on Fields and the OSU system is that he spent most of his career throwing to wide open guys, but I'm not going to pretend I watched a ton of OSU ball

I was impressed by Fields in the playoffs, especially against Clemson

One take away from the draft so far is actual on-field production doesn't mean much even without a traditional combine. Fields dropped after showing out vs. Clemson. Mac Jones after the national championship then fell. Lance went up despite not playing. The top WR, OL, and LB opted out.

One take away from the draft so far is actual on-field production doesn't mean much even without a traditional combine. Fields dropped after showing out vs. Clemson. Mac Jones after the national championship then fell. Lance went up despite not playing. The top WR, OL, and LB opted out.

I don't know. I think SF went up to #3 prepared to take Jones but then fell in love with Lance. Had NDSt played a season this year, I think he may have been the #2 pick over Wilson. Lance is a great kid and an elite athlete, and an additional year of tape would have helped him. The only bad thing anyone is saying about him is he had < 400 throws in college. Jones dropped because no one in the top 10 was nearly as in love with him as Shanahan was, so now Belichick gets a steal. But yeah, Fields would have been better off not playing this past season and relying on his 2019 tape.

But I don't think the lack of a combine has anything to do with it. You got the #s from the pro days, and everyone was doing their interviews on zoom this year. That's all the underwear olympics is good for. I'd guess that some of the better drafting teams would rather do away with the combine because they'd have more of a leg up on the teams with smaller scouting departments.

The QB success and bust sometimes has as much to do with where the QB ends up than where they don't. Lance and Jones with the 49ers and Patriots organizations much better initial chance to succeed than ending up with the Jags, Jets, and Bears.

what's Dortch's status? camp with the Falcons and then wait-and-see?

He's on the roster right now. He'll probably have a fair shot at making the active roster if he can prove himself as a returner. He's listed as the backup slot WR behind Russell Gage.

The QB success and bust sometimes has as much to do with where the QB ends up than where they don't. Lance and Jones with the 49ers and Patriots organizations much better initial chance to succeed than ending up with the Jags, Jets, and Bears.

Agree as to location being important, Lance and Jones. Lance could end up turning me into a semi 49ers fan. Think I disagree about the Jets because I like the new regime of Douglass and Saleh. That was the best coaching hire of this cycle. As for the Jags, whoTF knows how good a pro coach Meyer is going to be or how long he stays there before bugging out. And the chances of him bugging out mid-season are high. But the Bears trading up for Fields under the leadership of Pace and Nagy has Danger, Will Robinson with flailing arms written all over it. Especially after literally all of the ESPN talking heads loved the move this a.m.

He's on the roster right now. He'll probably have a fair shot at making the active roster if he can prove himself as a returner. He's listed as the backup slot WR behind Russell Gage.

I wouldn't put money on that, he was signed by the old regime. New GM and new coach are probably going to want their own guys on the practice squad.

Not to mention that Dortch isn’t a nfl-quality WR

Meh, Dortch, to me, is almost a carbon copy of Rondale Moore. Maybe not quite as strong/fast an athlete, but very similar players. Interested to see how Moore does after annihilating the B1G his freshman year.

Man...hard to believe Boogie will fall to 3rd.

He hurt his stock so much by coming back

Man...hard to believe Boogie will fall to 3rd.

He hurt his stock so much by coming back

Not sure about that, he was projected solidly late first/early second the whole way. Can’t believe he didn’t go higher but somebody is going to get a hell of a player for way cheap.

Not sure about that, he was projected solidly late first/early second the whole way. Can’t believe he didn’t go higher but somebody is going to get a hell of a player for way cheap.

This. Plenty of guys are projected 1st/2nd and fall to the 3rd.

And Boogie didn't even fall to the 2nd. Here we go. The Bills!

Boogie's weight changes seems to have confused people. Is he a 274 lb DE or a 285 lb third down pass rushing DT?

At Wake he was both.

Really pumped for Boogie. He put in the work every step of the way. Congrats!!

Back