• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky Derby thread

Tyson Fury's namesake, the 16 King Fury has now been scratched.

Love to have some things on my account cooking, so looking at these:

$2 regular trifecta--14/17/18
$1 trifecta box [$24]--9/11/14/17
$1 Exacta Box [$12]--1/14/15/17
.50 Trifecta Box [$12]--1/14/15/17

$10 win on 14

I like Hidden Stash and Midnight Bourbon for reasons I prefer not to explain.

Wearing my seersucker and now on my third mint julep. Hope I make it til post time.

Fucking Bob "DuPont" Baffert. Better living through chemistry.

Last edited:
Jim Boeheim is a part of owner of #13 Hidden Stash. Doesn't seem like that horse has a shot.

FWIW, two different cappers that know the game like the #8 Medina Spirit. His morning line is 15 to 1, but Baffert trains the horse; so, the odds may not be as favorable in the paramutual pool. The favorite Essential Quality is solid, but the odds may too short to be worth a play.

In addition to #9 Hot Rod Charlie (who Fallica likes); the #12 (Helium) is a long shot bomb that may be worth throwing in exotics.

I do what I can to help my WF brothers.

I won $500 in a numbers game.

Biff Wins Again !

recommend the hot brown dip for anyone interested - Gruyere cheese, turkey and bacon FTW

speaking of winning, also had Medina Spirit and Mandaloun for the win, so the stretch run was exciting and anti-climactic at the same time

Baffert now doing the thing all assholes do and blaming it on cancel culture

If Big Barn Bob gets disqualified, what happens to the betting $$ that was paid out?

Medina Spirit has failed post race test; Baffert denies wrongdoing

Medina Spirit's win was personally profitable, but sorry Bob, that's not the way it works. Horses don't inject themselves with drugs. As the trainer that basks in the glory when his horses win, he is also the individual that is responsible for everything that is found in that horse's system after each race. It doesn't matter if Baffert had personal knowledge: he is the trainer. He is the one responsible for anyone that gets within 10 feet of the horse and everything that any such individual feeds or injects into the animal. Horse racing is a stained sport. If a high profile trainer like Baffert (who doesn't need to do this) in the most high profile and most highly scrutinized race in the world, tries to get away with drugging his horse; just think about what trainers are doing to their horses when there are no bright lights, and trainers need every edge just to keep their job. Very depressing story, and another hit to a sport that is struggling.

For what it’s worth, My wife is an equine vet and does a lot of lameness evaluation and treatment, that includes joint injections like the problematic one here. She works mostly in show jumping but the procedures are the same as racing. She said it is possible that the horse is metabolically slow at that they gave the injection on the last day possible that an average horse would have cleared the drug but this horse metabolizes steroids slower that average so the substance was still present on race day. It’s possible, but unlikely because a good race team and vet would ensure a few extra days just to be sure. She also said, as a vet she would never do that kind of treatment on a horse without clear consent from the trainer or owner. These injections require direct injection into the cartilage and the joint space. That requires a sterile field because if the joint gets infected, is likely fatal. There is no way a vet goes forth and does a risky procedure like that on any horse, let alone a 7 figure valued horse, without explicit permission from the person in charge.

Back