• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky Derby thread

jaybone

Reaction score
I know nothing about horse racing, but love watching this race two cocktails in.

Usually, I get my race info this week from RJKarl. Can somebody post a quick summary of why he ain't posting his annual Kentucky Derby thread? I sent him a PM but his Inbox is now turned off so I assume there is a story there. He's not a kid, so just want to confirm he is alive and well. 20 years ago when I lived in LA, I would watch Spurs-Lakers games with him in sports bars and it was fun.

What is BIZARRE and PATHETHIC is how number of lame ass, no life schmucks from the boards go looking for RJs real life.

RJ was premabanned for saying something in PRIVATE message and immediately saying it was joke and wasn't going to happen. Biff has been found to have ACTUALLY done this in past.

It's one thing to post GIF or make fun of post from five years ago. HACKING passwords to attach user's business and livelihood is SAD and strictly prohibited

How pathetic must your life be to do this?

My bad....It should be easy for MODS to check the IP address and ban that person...but they won't.

The fact that TOWNIE will do anything to defend shows a lot about who he is.

Got it. Okay. I'm not on here much these days so I missed (left) the sub-dramas.

He was fun in a sports bar, I maintain;-) Especially as a Spurs fan in a Lakers bar. In LA.

So what should I know about the Kentucky Derby this year y'all? Is that white maned dude who keeps getting caught shooting banned substances into horses have like 3 horses in the Derby again?

Damn wasn't there a poster who gave dope ass updates on horse racing and the Kentucky Derby for like the last 30 years?

Thanks millennials!

So what should I know about the Kentucky Derby this year y'all? Is that white maned dude who keeps getting caught shooting banned substances into horses have like 3 horses in the Derby again?
Baffert? I'm sure he'll be there. Word is Trump pre-pardoned him for fixing the race to show that Trump never loses. Oh shit!

What ever happened to Gaybone?

Parody accounts are so very 2005, but I have to say, I enjoyed having one. Plus, I learned a whole bunch of terminology specific to gay love/sex I didn't know, so there was that. My parody really ... got into the specifics.

Pour one out for RJ. And I fully anticipate getting a negrep from Racer for this because we know who the children are here, i.e. the one with "#iwasright and #rjlies" in his avatar.

Pour one out for RJ. And I fully anticipate getting a negrep from Racer for this because we know who the children are here, i.e. the one with "#iwasright and #rjlies" in his avatar.
I see someone has taken over the title of "Chief Victim" now that RJ has gone. I guess someone has to lack self awareness in the vacuum he left behind. Apologies for not neg repping you though...I don't know who you are.

Last edited:

I think you want to go with e.g. there

Going to a Derby party tomorrow. Taking a Hot Brown dip which looks amazing. Wearing some seersucker shorts. Will report back.

Chris Fallica:

Kentucky Derby Best Bets
$2 Win-Place-Show 9-11-17
$1 Exacta Box 7-9-11-14-15-17
$1 Exacta 9-11-14-17/7-9-11-14-15-17
$1 Exacta 9-11-14-17/16-18
$1 Trifecta 9-17/9-11-14-15-17/1-4-6-7-8-9-11-14-15-16-17-18
$1 Trifecta 9-17/1-4-6-7-8-9-11-14-15-16-17-18/9-11-14-15-17
$1 Trifecta 14/9-11-15-17/1-4-6-7-8-9-11-14-15-16-17-18
$1 Trifecta 14/1-4-6-7-8-9-11-14-15-16-17-18/9-11-15-17

Anita Marks' pick
Win = Essential Quality (14)

Win, place or show = Known Agenda (1)

Win, place or show = Rock Your World (15)

Win, place or show = Highly Motivated (17)

Exacta Box = Essential Quality, Known Agenda, Rock Your World, and Highly Motivated

Jim Boeheim is a part of owner of #13 Hidden Stash. Doesn't seem like that horse has a shot.

FWIW, two different cappers that know the game like the #8 Medina Spirit. His morning line is 15 to 1, but Baffert trains the horse; so, the odds may not be as favorable in the paramutual pool. The favorite Essential Quality is solid, but the odds may too short to be worth a play.

In addition to #9 Hot Rod Charlie (who Fallica likes); the #12 (Helium) is a long shot bomb that may be worth throwing in exotics.

Back