• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Birmingham, so that was great.

I mean, those places are not terrible, but if I'm going to visit the Gulf Coast, the FL panhandle beaches are better because there aren't any oil rigs. Everything that B-ham has to offer, other cities have it better. Really surprised you enjoyed Montgomery though. I can't think of anything good about Montgomery.

we grew up getting a house in Gulf Shores every year for a big family beach week and almost got bought one there because my dad would work some weekends at the hospital in Foley just a few miles inland. I remember the oil rigs getting more and more prominent. then a few years ago I went for the first time in a long time and was shocked at all of them.

Montgomery is awful.

What's the deal with the uncomfortable metal chairs at breweries ? Are they trying to make you want to stand up or leave ?

I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.

you've been ev-ery-where man

one of our friends has been to 48 states, and is crossing off her final two this summer, iowa and nebraska

kinda feel like those might be the worst states, she was like "why would i have ever gone there?"

one of our friends has been to 48 states, and is crossing off her final two this summer, iowa and nebraska

kinda feel like those might be the worst states, she was like "why would i have ever gone there?"

Those two are hella lame. Nebraska is nothing.

Idaho, Minnesota, Oklahoma and New Hampshire are the 4 states I've missed. I've been to the Minneapolis airport, but I don't really count a layover as being in a place. (Yes it was a Delta flight.)

She should float the Niobrara river in north Nebraska. Great float and had a surprising number of piping plovers and least terns nesting on sandbars in the river.

how long do background checks take? I wanna put in my notice.

Real ones with like security clearance involved and such, weeks. The minimal information, see if you are a criminal, as long as it takes to enter your name/social security number into a search.

That's how I come to be in the state of Eye-oh-ay

Real ones with like security clearance involved and such, weeks. The minimal information, see if you are a criminal, as long as it takes to enter your name/social security number into a search.

well this one is through a third party and I entered all my info on a form. it's only going back 7 years, so only 2 employers and 3 addresses. plus I've already done an extensive background check process for adoption, so I know it's all clean. just ready for it to be done so I can get my start date and put in my notice.

is it the most least terns?

The most least terns I've ever seen were nesting on North Core Banks in Cape Lookout National Seashore. They nest in huge colonies on the sand flats at the north end of the island. The interior (e.g., Nebraska) ones are nasty though, they will actually hit you in the head as you canoe past their colony.

every state has something

I'm intrigued by Midwest hippie towns like Fairfield, IA

I only count a state if I've spent the night or, I guess, done something particularly significant there.

After this summer I think I'll only have Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Idaho, Minnesota and Alaska and Hawaii to go.

Maybe Indiana. I can't really say

i have spent a lot of time driving through indiana but have never stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back