• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain showed just means water constantly in your eyes, right? Would seem miserable

Surprised at all the resistance to the rain shower. I strongly prefer it to a standard shower head.

All I need is pressure, don't see rain showers accomplishing that

feel like you just gotta stand directly under it. no bueno

It seems like we've moved on, but I just want to clarify a few things:

1) I don't correct grammar for all the reasons townie posted about above. I don't believe in policing grammar. I don't generally correct it in my students and I don't correct it here.

2) there was of course a bit of trolling involved in my original post to ITC (appropriate tone to take, I think, with our foremost contrarian), but his misuse of the word, building on the last time I called him out for misusing the same word in an even more confusing context, made his point confusing. ITC doesn't strike me as a jhmd whose confusing, pretentious style is meant to obfuscate. The great thing about English is that we have an unusual wealth of possible words to get at our precise meaning. Why would you use one that could introduce confusion instead of clarity?

3) y'all may think it douchey or annoying or whatever, but pointing out usage errors generally works. I've accepted my role as villain, and at least my trolling is in good faith. Also, wtf else is the chat thread for if not inspiring forty posts of outrage and annoyance and engagement.

We have an outdoor shower at my parent's beach house, we're going this weekend and it's only going to be like 64 on Friday and I am already excited about doing exactly that.

my mom used to have a pretty rustic outdoor shower at her beach house but as part of her remodel it's now super deluxe and fully enclosed. and I will now be down there in a few weeks since I get a few weeks between jobs.

giphy.gif

LOL; that's the OTHER purpose of the chat thread, to talk shit to strangers who happened to go to the same school you did once upon a time

feel like you just gotta stand directly under it. no bueno

yeah i don't like the rain shower. ours has two normal shower heads in a corner crisscrossing for a vortex of showering pleasure

Reactions: WRS
yeah smart people don't have sex boom roasted

also i'm sure vortex is the wrong word, so fuck you to whoever wants to point that out

It’s depressing to me that no matter how hard I work out or how good of shape I am in, I have officially become too old to move my feet and defend high school kids in pickup.

We have a rain shower head and a handheld and it’s fine but it wouldn’t have been my first choice.

The prior owner was a contractor and made a bunch of “improvements”.

Of course he forgot to install a shower pan in the master bath and I had the pleasure of my garage springing a massive leak after being in the house for 4 weeks.

Bill Gates and his wife are splitting up. Mo Money, Mo Problems.

I'm sure she will immediately become one of the richest people in the world, like Bezos' wife did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back