• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to hoops... My new neighbor just put up a basketball hoop last week and we've been getting jumpers up every day after work. It's been great.

White guy who played at a historically black college. Was the first white player in the conference's history. Said he had no idea it was a historically black college when he signed the letter of intent... He was just happy to get to play hoops in college.

So funny that someone could show up to play and have no idea what kind of school it is. I had teammates at wake that before showing up had no idea that it was going to be difficult academically

Going back to hoops... My new neighbor just put up a basketball hoop last week and we've been getting jumpers up every day after work. It's been great.

White guy who played at a historically black college. Was the first white player in the conference's history. Said he had no idea it was a historically black college when he signed the letter of intent... He was just happy to get to play hoops in college.

did he stay and play all four years?

what does he say about his experience?

So funny that someone could show up to play and have no idea what kind of school it is. I had teammates at wake that before showing up had no idea that it was going to be difficult academically

Wait did you play hoops at wake?

did he stay and play all four years?

what does he say about his experience?

Yeah, he stayed. Enjoyed the experience. I guess he was a pretty religious dude back then, so I think they all had that in common. I think he ultimately played like 20 minutes a game. I'll have to ask him more about it, but I got the sense that it was more about getting a lot of funny looks when he checked into games than any real animosity.

Super nice guy, but he's kind of an introvert. I'll have to push him for more details.

He's a guard. Has put on some weight, but still has a smooth jumper.

i don't think they're the only joy of life though.

Dude this is the shit for teachers. Kids ain’t gonna do that remote work anyway and we get to work from home for the day and start that summer break earlier.

I know Rogan gets a lot of hate, most well deserved, but I saw he had a podcast with Matty Matheson. That guy is a trip. Had some crazy stories to tell about his time partying. He’s been sober for 9 years now. There are a few parts where Rogan goes off on his covid spiel which is incredibly annoying but Matty was a treat to listen to.

it is a wild world in which my dog can get a lyme vaccine but they discontinued the only one available for humans in 2002 because of "insufficient demand"

Pretty standard pharma

They’ve got all kinds of promising rare cancer treatments but there’s no $$$ in it

yeah well i'm waiting for you to name one marxist nation that's cured lyme disease

People complain about the cost for orphan drugs and I don’t think realize that when they are produced that cost isn’t necessarily affiliated with the research cost or time commitment but instead the manufacturing process. It’s expensive as hell to make a drug that goes into someone’s body, the strictest requirements and cleanest procedures.

Well taxpayers paid a fuckton for the primary research behind those orphan drugs a lot of the time

I knew it would be tough academically but my first night in the dorm was the first time I had heard the nickname Work Forest or that it had just showed up on some survey as having the second hardest workload in the country.

Turns out it wasn’t Lyme, it was rabies. And it wasn’t a tick, it was a raccoon, which explains why my freezer is all torn up after putting it in there in case it needed to be tested later.

Do they still give you shots in the abdomen for rabies? That always terrified me as a kid when my parents told me that was the treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back