• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
rsf is coming to awful terrible pittsburgh next weekend

i'm not sure what we're going to do since this place is so bad

maybe tour the ruins of a steel factory

Be sure to get a sandwich with French fries on it!!!

Had a moment where I felt quite old yesterday. Saw one of the teachers at daycare was wearing a tie dye Allman Brothers shirt that looked like one I bought at their Charlotte show in 05. I commented to the teacher that I love the band, and she said she just needed a colorful shirt for a photo shoot or something. Then I saw on the back it was from a Beacon show in 05 so def the same design as the summer tour shirt. I pointed that out and she said yeah I've never actually heard of them.

It made me feel old, but they are also a classic rock band who got started in the late 60s so not sure how old I should feel.

I’m sure the way she tells it, some old dad was trying to make conversation about some old man music.

It was a tour in 05, regardless of the age of the band members. Not old.

Come on, if it happened this side of 2000 it’s not that old. It be like us as teenagers in the year 2000 hearing about some band our parents saw in 1980 oh god we're old

that was my jr year at Wake and the band was pretty popular at the time, at least on the jamband circuit. but obviously their heyday was early 70s when they were pretty much the biggest band in America.

I'm old, and I consider the Allman Brothers "before my time".

I saw ABB a couple times around 03-05ish as well. Derek Trucks was great.

Trucks IS great. Just saw that Tedeschi Trucks announced a show this summer in Winston.

Last March the surviving members of the ABB (sans Dickie) and some others tangentially in the family did a 50th anniversary show at Madison Square Garden. it was essentially the last big concert in America and probably a superspreader event, but damn it was some great music.

Trucks IS great. Just saw that Tedeschi Trucks announced a show this summer in Winston.

Last March the surviving members of the ABB (sans Dickie) and some others tangentially in the family did a 50th anniversary show at Madison Square Garden. it was essentially the last big concert in America and probably a superspreader event, but damn it was some great music.

Looks like they're going out with a small, rotating lineup of 4-8 members of the band and calling it the "Fireside Tour."

Looks like they're going out with a small, rotating lineup of 4-8 members of the band and calling it the "Fireside Tour."

yeah. dunno if it's because they can't support the full band right now, or if they're going through some lineup changes or what. they just lost one of their drummers but he is being replaced.

that was my jr year at Wake and the band was pretty popular at the time, at least on the jamband circuit. but obviously their heyday was early 70s when they were pretty much the biggest band in America.

Bigger than like the Jackson 5?

We look forward to hosting Commencement very soon. As we get closer to celebrating with you, we are pleased to share our 2021 Commencement and Baccalaureate speakers. Our 2021 Commencement speakers at the Truist Field celebration include pre-recorded messages by:

Condoleezza Rice, director of the Hoover Institution, 66th Secretary of State, author and professor, was the first African American woman to serve as both secretary of state and national security advisor.

Pete Buttigieg, the United States Secretary of Transportation since February 3, 2021, and the 32nd mayor of South Bend, Indiana from 2012 through 2020.

Kendall Hinton, wide receiver for the Denver Broncos, elevated from the practice squad as emergency quarterback to start against the Saints in week 12 of the 2020 season; graduated in 2019 from Wake Forest where he played football as a quarterback and wide receiver.

The Baccalaureate celebration will be held virtually on Saturday, May 15 at 10 a.m. Bishop Michael Curry, the 27th and current presiding bishop and primate of The Episcopal Church, will be the speaker.

Everything bagels are good but also messy

Another point in the plain bagel column

Jamie Newman will be the commencement speaker next year. Suck it haters.

Bigger than like the Jackson 5?

they had some of the top grossing albums of the decade and maybe were the top grossing touring act for a year or two -- at least I recall reading something similar in a bio of the band. Gregg Allman was married to Cher, so one of the big celeb couples of the day. their show with the Grateful Dead and The Band at Watkins Glenn in 1973 held the record and maybe still has it for the biggest attended concert ever.

Do you guys have your Outlook calendar items visible to your co-workers? At previous jobs, you could only tell when people were blocked, OOO, tentative, etc. But the default setting at my new company is to show all appt/meeting titles and locations. The C-suite guys just put "private appt" or "block" a lot on their calendars, but keep everything visible. I changed my setting to the more private option, but now am wondering if that will make it seem like I have something to hide?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back