• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's definitely the image that comes to mind when you hear it, and it's definitely a bad name but tasty. Tequila, Topo Chico, lime juice and I added a Tajin rim.

I don't consider it a ranch water unless it's served in the actual Topo bottle.

Ranch water is possibly my favorite summertime drink

Juice, do you ever listen to Bad Faith (podcast)?

Latest episode about NYC housing policy was super good

Predator is the best action movie of all time. Predator may be the most enjoyable movie to watch in the history of film.

are you aware that there's an action movie that involves literally taking a dude's face..... off?

I’m currently in KDH as well. Looking forward to my takeout from Kill Devil Grill tomorrow night.

Juice, do you ever listen to Bad Faith (podcast)?

Latest episode about NYC housing policy was super good

I don't listen to podcasts often on account of hearing challenges, but a lot of them are transcribed so I'll check it out!

CANCEL PRINCE CHARMING!!!

the funny thing about outrage culture is that it's people like you who further the message.

there's literally no way i would've heard about this if you hadn't whined about it

are you aware that there's an action movie that involves literally taking a dude's face..... off?

We obviously post on a cucklibtard board when there's 25 pages of discussion about words and what they mean and shit, but nobody wants to talk action movies.

do you just have an RSS feed to keep you up to date on things culture is 'upset about' that you in turn need to be upset about?

the funny thing about outrage culture is that it's people like you who further the message.

there's literally no way i would've heard about this if you hadn't whined about it

tryin to cancel plama i see

I kinda chuckle when I see those, but I still do not know wtf most of them are about.

I don't listen to podcasts often on account of hearing challenges, but a lot of them are transcribed so I'll check it out!

It’s a 2 hr long panel and also has a long NYC mayor discussion so may not be all interesting but I love the show and thought this particular ep did a good job explaining some fairly wonky housing stuff.

the enormous and endless cancel cycle is really just capital's uptake of social critique. plama just being taken for a ride, imo.

someone says yo this shit is kinda fucked and then media/tech platforms accelerate a new cancel narrative for profit (twitter's "explore" tab is a great example of this) -- ppl click and click and click and the ad-driven algorithm loves it and looks for another mass of emotion/critique to plunder.

ogboards not really driven by that and most people don't really give a shit (see posts above) which is why it seems out of place here.

tweeters need to seize the memes of production, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back