• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acknowledging I'm not making a full effort this morning to understand this perspective....

Isn't "mother" *more* inclusive bc you can be a mother without actually giving birth (adoptive parents, fosters, etc.) and doesn't require the parent be born with particular genitals?

That tweet was a response to someone talking about their birthing experience and the poor medical care they received that almost killed them, not necessarily in the context of eliminating the word “mother”. I don’t think it has to be either/or. It’s good to use inclusive language when talking about the actual birthing experience and it’s good to recognize that motherhood takes many different forms and doesn’t necessarily mean that someone gave birth.

That tweet was a response to someone talking about their birthing experience and the poor medical care they received that almost killed them, not necessarily in the context of eliminating the word “mother”. I don’t think it has to be either/or. It’s good to use inclusive language when talking about the actual birthing experience and it’s good to recognize that motherhood takes many different forms and doesn’t necessarily mean that someone gave birth.

Thanks for this explanation. This all makes sense to me.

What's the connection to "mother's day"? Or does plama just find any controversial tweet and yell "cancel"?

I feel like the greeters employed by the bank to talk to people in line could be better used as a teller eliminating the line to begin with.

I feel like the greeters employed by the bank to talk to people in line could be better used as a teller eliminating the line to begin with.

That what online banking and ATMs are for. If you’re actually inside the bank, you obviously want as much human contact as possible.

I have never been to a bank that employed greeters to talk to people in line. What the fuck are you talking about Palma?

I've seen it recently during the pandemic as a crowd control measure. The one time I've been to a bank in now than a year

I've seen it before pandemic, it's largely a guy trying to weed out people to use the ATM instead of the teller.

I’ve now gotten three emails to my gmail account advertising online Christian colleges in the last week. I think it’s because I keep writing the phrase “good faith” in the tunnels. So I just wanted to come by here and declare hail satan!

I've seen it before pandemic, it's largely a guy trying to weed out people to use the ATM instead of the teller.

For me its annoying because I'm mainly going to my safe deposit box, so I don't want to have to talk to the dude and tell him what I'm there for. Guess I should just lie.

Why wouldn’t you tell a bank employee why you’re at the bank?

If you’re there to do something that you can’t do at the ATM why would you need to lie to them?

I’ve now gotten three emails to my gmail account advertising online Christian colleges in the last week. I think it’s because I keep writing the phrase “good faith” in the tunnels. So I just wanted to come by here and declare hail satan!

Aiming for emails from Duke?

I used to have to deposit my rent into my landlord’s account at a bank where I didn’t have an account.

I went through the same deal every month.

Greeter: What can we help you with?

Me: I need to deposit this check an—

Greeter: is it going into your account?

Me: No.

Greeter: Then you’ll need to see a teller.

Me: Thank you.

One of the ancillary benefits of buying a home was no longer needing to do that.

Why wouldn’t you tell a bank employee why you’re at the bank?

Cause I don't want to announce I have some valuable shit I'm trying to transport to and from my safe deposit box to everyone around me

you didn't just send your landlord a check? they made you go to the bank and deposit it for them?

lol that's trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back