• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have broken the 4:00 barrier. 3:57 on today’s crossword, and that even included a mistake.

Took me 7 minutes, for me that's a sprint. Some of them are super easy whereas others, especially with the longer horizontal words in the corners, take me forever

Yeah, in that scenario, I think I'd be in a hurry to get out of that plane ASAP.

Something I've wondered about skydiving: can people who are scared basically just tell the tandem guide to jump for them/shove them out, or do they always make you pull the metaphorical trigger?

Yeah, in that scenario, I think I'd be in a hurry to get out of that plane ASAP.

Something I've wondered about skydiving: can people who are scared basically just tell the tandem guide to jump for them/shove them out, or do they always make you pull the metaphorical trigger?

Based on the way we were all stacked in and the way I was attached to the dude behind me, I can't imagine how I could've backed out of the jump even if I'd really wanted to.

I went skydiving with my ex-GF outside of Austin. It was actually her 30th birthday present. I purchased the passes through GroupOn and it was at this rural air field with tiny ass planes. They ran everything out of an old barn and trailer. They also constantly joked about surviving bad falls and crashes, which made it much worse.

Eventually we got up there and the two engine plane we were on was terrifying. I could not wait to jump out of it. My GF however was horrified and refused to jump. I jumped, thought I was having an aneurysm as the blood rushed to my head, and then really enjoyed the post-free fall gliding experience. However the head congestion did not go away and that was very uncomfortable. Pre-flight we passed on paying $100 for a video of the experience, but they recorded anyways, then tried to get me to purchase it afterwards. The first minute of the video is just me saying "holy fucking shit" over and over again, I did not buy it.

Last edited:
i know they already made Greyhound but wish they'd make one about a destroyer/the US Navy in the Pacific

I went skydiving with my ex-GF outside of Austin. It was actually her 30th birthday present. I purchased the passes through GroupOn and it was at this rural air field with tiny ass planes. They ran everything out of an old barn and trailer. They also constantly joked about surviving bad falls and crashes, which made it much worse.

Eventually we got up there and the two engine plane we were on was terrifying. I could not wait to jump out of it. My GF however was horrified and refused to jump. I jumped, thought I was having an aneurysm as the blood rushed to my head, and then really enjoyed the post-free fall gliding experience. However the head congestion did not go away and that was very uncomfortable. Pre-flight we passed on paying $100 for a video of the experience, but they recorded anyways, then tried to get me to purchase it afterwards. The first minute of the video is just me saying "holy fucking shit" over and over again, I did not buy it.

If there’s one thing in life I don’t want to use a coupon on it’s got to be jumping out of an airplane.

Of the two, sky diving and bungee jumping, I actually thought bungee jumping was scarier, because with sky diving you pull the chute so far above the land, you don't really get the face to earth experience that bungee jumping offers. When I bungeed it was off a bridge into a river, and my head got dunked in the water. In that scenario, you see the ground rushing up to meet you.

Both are awesome, do whatever gets your adrenalin going, life is too short to not to try and experience everything.

Last edited:
Wake Forest should set up bungee jumping on the Quad for homecoming

Of the two, sky diving and bungee jumping, I actually thought bungee jumping was scarier, because with sky diving you pull the chute so far above the land, you don't really get the face to earth experience that bungee jumping offers. When I bungeed it was off a bridge into a river, and my head got dunked in the water. In that scenario, you see the ground rushing up to meet you.

Both are awesome, do whatever gets your adrenalin going, life is too short to not to try and experience everything.

Sounds like Skydive San Marcos.

Taking a required cultural competency course for work right now and found out I have serious implicit bias against the morbidly obese and the tech challenged old folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back