• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he's more overwhelmed about being a dad, not the taking care of baby up-all-night stuff, hence the day 2 stress

but i'm not sure

i think he's more overwhelmed about being a dad, not the taking care of baby up-all-night stuff, hence the day 2 stress

but i'm not sure

That makes sense. It definitely will be a mental hurdle, and at some point he will have a moment of acceptance that he has a totally new reality. Once he finds that new reality and the balance of it all, he will be fine. Best thing to do would be to see if his partner allows him to peel away for a day and do something he liked doing before the baby arrived.

Which sounds like you have done by inviting him to chill with you for a couple days. I think for me it was important to show myself I could still do the things I enjoyed before, such as visit Mako's mom.

I thought at least birdman would wanna talk about sharks. You guys suck. We all know working sucks. I'm gonna go talk about sharks with my sophomores that I'm supposed to be teaching about the holocaust.

I'd love to talk about sharks. But I don't have any recs on scuba shark diving in Jupiter, so I don't have much to add.

Once I watched a school (?) of sharks tear a small whale, probably a short finned pilot whale, to shreds in the Outer banks. I was on shore in Cape Lookout, watching the little whale in the waves and out of nowhere there were suddenly dozens of sharks and the water turned bloody brown. It was wild. Next day the carcass had washed ashore a mile or so north and it was covered in gulls and ghost crabs.

Which sounds like you have done by inviting him to chill with you for a couple days. I think for me it was important to show myself I could still do the things I enjoyed before, such as visit Mako's mom.

Good to know to remind him of this, yeah.

I thought at least birdman would wanna talk about sharks. You guys suck. We all know working sucks. I'm gonna go talk about sharks with my sophomores that I'm supposed to be teaching about the holocaust.

sharks don't do rhetoric so I don't give a shit about them

I'd love to talk about sharks. But I don't have any recs on scuba shark diving in Jupiter, so I don't have much to add.

Once I watched a school (?) of sharks tear a small whale, probably a short finned pilot whale, to shreds in the Outer banks. I was on shore in Cape Lookout, watching the little whale in the waves and out of nowhere there were suddenly dozens of sharks and the water turned bloody brown. It was wild. Next day the carcass had washed ashore a mile or so north and it was covered in gulls and ghost crabs.

See, this is the kind of content I've come to expect from you. Hot take incoming

Sharks>Birds

feel like birds have stronger mastery over symbolic action so birds>sharks

one of my best friends is on day 2 of DADHOOD and his lady texted my lady saying he is STRESSED

dads can u confirm

agree with the guys above noting that it's not hard that early, and totally agree that it's a big life change because suddenly the days of randomly getting drunk and sleeping late the next day are GONE.

South Carolina president resigning after plagiarizing his commencement speech lolz

South Carolina president resigning after plagiarizing his commencement speech lolz

And calling them Southern California. Which isn’t as bad, but the poor guy mentioned a real school instead of South Carolina.

And calling them Southern California. Which isn’t as bad, but the poor guy mentioned a real school instead of South Carolina.
Apparently he called them the University of California, which makes less sense than messing up USC. Until you realize he was just plagiarizing a popular Admiral McRaven YouTube speech

I haven't watched Band of Brothers all the way through in about 5 years. I think it's time to remedy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back