• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorebirds are so bad ass:

Class of 07 got 2 years of CP3 + Orange Bowl

You got 4 years of good basketball. Tough choice.

We got 2 years of CP3 and 1 of Josh Howard.

I think I may have enjoyed the Orange Bowl more since I was in law school with people from a bunch of other ACC schools.

Of course had I still been at Wake I would have been working for football so that would have been nice.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is the funniest movie of the last 20 years. How was that left out?

Agreed. Invalidates the whole list. And why are I Care A Lot and Parasite on there?

This is a better list even though it somehow still doesn't have FSM on it(?!):

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-lists/50-greatest-comedies-of-the-21st-century-630244/knocked-up-2007-629045/

Also, a good list here that includes FSM, 21 Jump Street (underrated), the Other Guys (also underrated), the Nice Guys, and Scott Pilgrim.

https://collider.com/best-comedies-of-the-21st-century-so-far/

Last edited:
Class of 07 got 2 years of CP3 + Orange Bowl

You got 4 years of good basketball. Tough choice.

I was 06 and then back for 07 masters. That’s a tough wake sports experience to beat although I sure didn’t expect that at the time.

I’m just ready for the self driving car so I can have a 3 beer dinner if I feel like it.

the Model Y is reasonably priced... I will be in the market for a new midsized SUV in the next month or so, so i guess i need to give this a look. I like the idea of summoning my car.

the Model Y is reasonably priced... I will be in the market for a new midsized SUV in the next month or so, so i guess i need to give this a look. I like the idea of summoning my car.

Check out Ford Mustang MachE and VW ID4 too

https://index.medium.com/why-the-hy...ends-on-the-geriatric-millennial-6f9ff4de1d23

I prefer the term micro-old, but according to this micro-old woman you 1980-85’ers (I’m 86) are the perfect mix of mature but not yet out of touch.

That’s a lot of words for “we had internet in middle school.”

The digital divide between young Gen X and Xennials was apparent in the mid to late 90s. We started Wake in ‘94 and the internet was something you checked email on once a week and there was like one computer on campus for every 25-50 students. Two years later, AOL was popular, they gave everyone a laptop, and there were computer labs everywhere for those of us who got left out.

It’s no secret people in their late 30s are more social media savvy. They’ve always been more internet savvy.

Just got the first couple berries off my blueberry bushes. Shocked they’re ripe already but daggum they were so good. Can’t wait for more. Green beans & squash are growing pretty well. No signs of a crop yet but am confident the pods & squash should be coming soon. With the timeline of 55 days or so for the beans, I should have some by the end of the month.

Four times this week my fucking windows desktop has given me the red update notification that I need to restart for security updates. I let it restart then a day or two later I get it again. Fuck windows is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back