Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2005

Thread: chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Denver is cool and beautiful but damn if it doesn't feel like a lot of cities across the United States are becoming similar, Chicago included
    Yeah, I was like really disappointed in Denver tbh. It might have just been the time (snow during New Years) but there seemed to be no life to the city at all.

p sure i said about 3 weeks ago that Denver is charlotte with a view and then kory told me about their creek

i had fun in denver but didn't spend a ton of time in teh city itself, mostly just hiked and went to breweries

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    i had fun in denver but didn't spend a ton of time in teh city itself, mostly just hiked and went to breweries
    And that was my impression, it was just a bunch of breweries, but adjacent to a strangely bleak former rail line, and most every city has tons of old warehouses converted to breweries now.

they had a fantastic pinball bar doe

One of my next trips is gonna be South Dakota, I read they have the highest concentration of sanctioned dart players in the states. Might gotta retire to SD.

at the alien nasa meeting before the big launch

Alien boss: did you guys figure out how to get to the milky way in the single lifespan of our species yet? enough fuel, food, that kinda thing?
    Alien engineer: yea boss, we've got it covered

Alien boss: ok and when you get to Earth, i know we've covered this before, but their cameras are just absolute shit there, make sure you fly around when it's nighttime for them there on the ground, you know, if you're gonna be flying that close to their planet and that slowly or whatever. just be careful, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    What specific things have you noticed? Residents, architecture, activities?
    yeah, more of just bars and restaurants becoming pretty similar and the hot neighborhoods having all the same stuff

lots of transience among the young educated class, so the lack of deep local roots kinda shows

at the alien nasa meeting before the big launch

Alien boss: did you guys figure out how to get to the milky way in the single lifespan of our species yet? enough fuel, food, that kinda thing?
    Alien engineer: yea boss, we've got it covered

Alien boss: ok and when you get to Earth, i know we've covered this before, but their cameras are just absolute shit there, make sure you fly around when it's nighttime for them there on the ground, you know, if you're gonna be flying that close to their planet and that slowly or whatever. just be careful, i guess?
    I was literally reading a New Yorker (?) article this morning about UFOs and one of the questions posed was that if these aliens have this insanely advanced tech allowing interstellar travel why are their ships constantly allegedly crashing lol

yeah, more of just bars and restaurants becoming pretty similar and the hot neighborhoods having all the same stuff

lots of transience among the young educated class, so the lack of deep local roots kinda shows
    Yeah I imagine that trend will continue to worsen as this group continues to disperse across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    One of my next trips is gonna be South Dakota, I read they have the highest concentration of sanctioned dart players in the states. Might gotta retire to SD.
    This does not surprise me.

rsf just left pittsburgh to go back to charlotte

he had an awful time here the weather was horrible the whole time and we basically just toured factories, ate fast food, and drank in cookie-cutter pubs

feel bad for the dude
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Fortunately Philly still kicks ass

Fortunately Philly still kicks ass
    I think its the size difference, you can tell Denver is less than half the size. Also, I dig the historical shit that Philly/DC has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    I was literally reading a New Yorker (?) article this morning about UFOs and one of the questions posed was that if these aliens have this insanely advanced tech allowing interstellar travel why are their ships constantly allegedly crashing lol
    interstellar war, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    p sure i said about 3 weeks ago that Denver is charlotte with a view and then kory told me about their creek
    Denver is Charlotte with a river.

Denver is cool and beautiful but damn if it doesn't feel like a lot of cities across the United States are becoming similar, Chicago included
    neighborhoods need to seize the means of cultural production from kapital

What more could you want from a location?

not every city can be elkin

I love how you people continuously argue about which giant gaping cesspool affront to Mother Nature is superior to the others.