• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
rsf just left pittsburgh to go back to charlotte

he had an awful time here the weather was horrible the whole time and we basically just toured factories, ate fast food, and drank in cookie-cutter pubs

feel bad for the dude

did you join any unions?

There's no black or white, no change in the light
No night, no golden sun
The sound of cars, the smell of bars
The awful feeling of electric heat
Under fluorescent lights, there's sacrifice
There's hard feelings, there's pointless waste

they had a fantastic pinball bar doe
Lots of ping pong and arcade and pinball bars.

The real attraction is the proximity of nature. I've spent a lot of time there and it's got a lot of things Charlotte can't offer. Plus Phish Dicks, Red Rocks (got tickets to a show in a few weeks!), and a decent music scene.

I love how you people continuously argue about which giant gaping cesspool affront to Mother Nature is superior to the others.

some old dead journalist once described Pittsburgh as "hell with the lid off" a long time ago which is pretty metal

The real attraction is the proximity of nature. I've spent a lot of time there and it's got a lot of things Charlotte can't offer. Plus Phish Dicks, Red Rocks (got tickets to a show in a few weeks!), and a decent music scene.

Yeah, I mean the drive to Aspen was amazing. Also not sure how I decided retiring in South Dakota would be better than retiring in London if I just wanna play darts with people

Gonna make it to Red Rocks one of these years. Been a dream.

I saw Michael Franti & Spearhead at Red Rocks for my sister’s 30th. We rode from Boulder in old school buses. Man that was a fucking SCENE.

Bob weir was sold out so me and my dad going to some band we've never heard of.

I told him we should hit the lots for a miracle but he wasn't having it

Plenty of tix left to bob weir on resale market fwiw

Bob weir was sold out so me and my dad going to some band we've never heard of.

I told him we should hit the lots for a miracle but he wasn't having it

I saw Bob Weir a couple years back playing with Jackie Greene in San Fransisco. Dude couldn’t remember any of the words to his own songs. Not sure if he was fucked up or what. Jackie Greene fucks tho.

I haven't seen him in at least two or three years. But have seen him with like half a dozen different bands. He's always seemed pretty old.

Plenty of tix left to bob weir on resale market fwiw
I think we're trying to get out of dodge early and drive north for several hours so I feel less badly about beating the traffic for a band I don't know

He was pretty good in Dec 2019 with Dead and Co in LA

No complaints

supposedly I saw Bob Dylan at Firefly a few years ago

honestly it could have been an impersonator

he was buried deep in the mix and the side screens only had a wide shot of the stage for the entire performance

it was weird as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back