• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me what I’m missing with bagels. I’m not anti bagel, but I definitely don’t have a strong opinion on them.

How are they superior to the biscuit?

apples and oranges, imo.

major US cities worth at least a long weekend:

NYC
Boston
Philly
DC
Chicago
Miami
New Orleans
LA
San Diego
SF
Portland
Seattle
Denver
Vegas, I guess

agreed on all but denver. Denver is Charlotte with a mountain range in the background.

So choose "plain" and then you can add everything seasoning. Or not.

Plain is more versatile! PLAIN GANG

people who put nuts in brownies should be junk punched. Plenty of people won't eat a brownie with nuts in it; literally no one will decline a brownie because it is nut-free. It's RUDE to make brownies with nuts.

denver has a river and several parks along the river which are chill so automatically not charlotte

i like a bagel toasted with butter but assume i'm doing it wrong.

i'd also rather have a bad donut than a good bagel any day

denver has a river and several parks along the river which are chill so automatically not charlotte

this is hardly a reason to spend a weekend anywhere.

there is a river in charlotte - some urban planners are in the process of making it a destination but not there yet. we just walk along the sugar creek greenway, which is a park with a water feature, which I think is your requirement

2AHnxqv.png

oh shit thousands of research hours involved damn

i'm taking all my medical advice from someone who spells like that

this is hardly a reason to spend a weekend anywhere.

there is a river in charlotte - some urban planners are in the process of making it a destination but not there yet. we just walk along the sugar creek greenway, which is a park with a water feature, which I think is your requirement

i would absolutely spend part of my weekend along a city's river

that's a creek - it's literally called a creek

hey juice thanks for linking that n+1 piece, it was a really good read. petworth now, almost every single family home is >$1MM rather than 2013/14 when the first one was listed. i live in one of those condos described in the piece:

my place (former single family home) was sold at auction to a developer in 2012 and split into 4 condos with a nearly identical story to this one

I'm tracking the author -- her first book comes out this year

i don't want to just walk along a city's body of water, i want to dine overlooking it, perhaps take in a pleasure cruise, etc.

Columbia SC has a river; are you spending long weekends there?

Pittsburgh has 3 rivers and that place sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back