• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
E0Kx07MWQAEINXR.jpg

Houston is so big and has a nice mix of cultures. Dallas is the better comparison to Charlotte among US cities, just really boring. Denver at least has weed.

A few years ago the WaPo restaurant critic traveled to a lot of the major cities in the US to scope out their food scenes then at the end of the year ranked the top 10 food cities in the country. Houston was like #4.

can you imagine paul hollywood saying "good bread is but a vessel for the tasty other foods you also want to enjoy." mary berry would slap his shit

good bagel is like good bread that shit just needs a spread and you're golden

This is elevating the bagel to a status it does not require nor have. It’s a carb. A masterful counterpart to lox or smear or hummus or BEC or any number of delicious combinations of tasty treats. A good bagel is worth pairing with expensive and carefully smoked fish but it still costs $3 and can be made by hundreds of establishments well.

This is elevating the bagel to a status it does not require nor have. It’s a carb. A masterful counterpart to lox or smear or hummus or BEC or any number of delicious combinations of tasty treats. A good bagel is worth pairing with expensive and carefully smoked fish but it still costs $3 and can be made by hundreds of establishments well.

yeah, but also this is the proper response to anyone putting any sort of food on a pedestal

Wheeew it got hot here for a few days and our AC is out this beer went straight to my head

A few years ago the WaPo restaurant critic traveled to a lot of the major cities in the US to scope out their food scenes then at the end of the year ranked the top 10 food cities in the country. Houston was like #4.

I can see it! B&B was a great steakhouse, Xochi wasn’t my bag but I get the reviews. Didn’t even try any Asian food and they have a great list allegedly.

I am watching Boiling Point (the docs made when Gordon Ramsay was gunning for three Michelin stars instead of yelling at people on FOX) and his mentor Marco Pierre White is TERRIFYING and I wish I could eat at a kitchen he was running.

Last two cities I visited were DEN and Philly. Was surprised how small Denver was. Didn't seem like there was much to Denver other than Breweries, which now every city seems to have. Was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Philly, made me feel bad about trolling Townie about how much he liked Philly.

meh. i guess i'm talking about the Platonic form of the bagel and taking issue with your faming of the bagel (and apparently carbs now) as a mere vessel for other foods.

if it's good enough, you're not focused on how it's a masterful counterpart to other food, you're thinking "damn that's a good bagel."

Last two cities I visited were DEN and Philly. Was surprised how small Denver was. Didn't seem like there was much to Denver other than Breweries, which now every city seems to have. Was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Philly, made me feel bad about trolling Townie about how much he liked Philly.

Denver has a nice Christkindlmarkt.

Or used to, at least.

I'm a sucker for the historical shit places like Philly have to offer

this idea that there are just some foods which are always only good because they're paired with other foods is really sad to me idk

love a good hot slice of fresh home-baked bread, spread or no

Bread is one of the best foods period. A truly terrible take by Townie. There's a reason the most expensive restaurants in the world start with a bread course with lox no where to be found.

I’ll be flying into the Pittsburgh airport soon which is great for Covid purposes because there’s no one there.

honestly (being serious now) the Pittsburgh airport is lowkey one of my favorites

the X shape is clutch, big concourses w/ auto-walkways down the middle of all of them, regular priced food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back