• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The universe is so vast that there is almost certainly life beyond just our planet. I do like the hypothesis that any life advanced enough to have interstellar travel destroyed their civilization years ago. Also like the hypothesis that a species so advanced to travel across the galaxy would have almost zero interest in someone as primitive as humans, let alone returning to the planet over and over again.

I could be persuaded that aliens are actually us, time traveling back for observation. If what people see is real, then it makes more sense because technology seems to be built upon current technology and preconceived human traits never something absolutely crazy. I think that's what hold me back from interstellar visitors, we like to put things in a way that we can understand, as imaginative as we are its always grounded in some human aspect. We can't comprehend beings that have no carbon base, etc... kind of like how everyone throws all these human components to the concept of God.

This is one of the things I think of routinely - how absolutely ginormous the universe is. I’ll go down rabbit holes of just looking at galaxies and it blows my mind each and every time. To think we hardly know anything about our galaxy and then realizing there are an absurd amount of galaxies is wild.

I said earlier on this CT that the deep sea might be the one of the scariest places, but I think I will say deep space is. The amount of stuff that could be out there that we do not know about is incredible.

A good twitter thread on the UFO's

i mean, people have been saying that Hell is real and there was a guy who could turn water into wine.

show me the fucking holes, man!

i feel like "craft that can go fast in strange directions" is achievable in less than 1,000 years

1,000 years is guys on horses with spears to flying a helicopter on mars

given how outmatched humans are, seems like either we're fucked or we're not and there's nothing to be done

This is where I’m at. If these beings are really that advanced what the fuck are we going to do anyway?

the Obama interview (on James Corden) that dude also cites has Obama leading off by saying the govt. doesn't have any proof so

but he cherrypicks a quote to make it seem like Obama is cautiously optimistic

whole thing is dumb. people like it because mysteries are more appealing than complex political events of the day. would be curious to see if ufo talk intersects with more than just gaza violence

Yep. Kind of like how white women got obsessed with true crime during the Trump administration.

the Obama interview (on James Corden) that dude also cites has Obama leading off by saying the govt. doesn't have any proof so

but he cherrypicks a quote to make it seem like Obama is cautiously optimistic

whole thing is dumb. people like it because mysteries are more appealing than complex political events of the day. would be curious to see if ufo talk intersects with more than just gaza violence

Yep. Kind of like how women got obsessed with true crime during the Trump administration.

What could we do about alien super planes anyway? A hostile takeover would have happened years ago. If they invaded now, would the militaries of the world unite or would some countries try to make a deal with them? For all the fiction out there about this, any of those outcomes seem unlikely. Hell, if the aliens are intelligent at all, they’ve already read those books and watched those movies anyway. They’ll know our playbook.

If they want to destroy the Earth and they have a longer lifespan than humans, they just need to wait a few hundred years and we’ll destroy it for them.

I just hope the takeover happens after I'm able to get a PS5

It’s possible that they’ve already taken over and they are the real deep state.

It’s also possible that they came to the planet, saw a wide diversity of biological species, and have been try to reach out to the most abundant species on the planet, assuming they were in Charge. So they’ve reached out to menhaden, sardines, squid, Wilson’s storm petrels, and starlings over the last 17 years. Next up are all the different kinds of ants.

Well that could explain why they disappear into the ocean.

This is where I’m at. If these beings are really that advanced what the fuck are we going to do anyway?

apparently talk a lot about it, but mostly in a way that drives people to click links that generate ad revenue for a whole bunch of interested parties

do you think this alien society that's buzzing us is capitalist or are they just checking to see if we've advanced past it

Good question. Maybe they’re just hanging out using their advanced technology to mine crypto and joy ride every now and then.

Morning nobody. And we will be fine. We have Jeff Goldblum.

Good morning to you too. London is cool, though I am pretty sure 24 hours on the ground isn't enough.

Mako, you rock out to any Zach Bryan yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back