• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver is cool and beautiful but damn if it doesn't feel like a lot of cities across the United States are becoming similar, Chicago included

Yeah, I was like really disappointed in Denver tbh. It might have just been the time (snow during New Years) but there seemed to be no life to the city at all.

p sure i said about 3 weeks ago that Denver is charlotte with a view and then kory told me about their creek

i had fun in denver but didn't spend a ton of time in teh city itself, mostly just hiked and went to breweries

i had fun in denver but didn't spend a ton of time in teh city itself, mostly just hiked and went to breweries

And that was my impression, it was just a bunch of breweries, but adjacent to a strangely bleak former rail line, and most every city has tons of old warehouses converted to breweries now.

One of my next trips is gonna be South Dakota, I read they have the highest concentration of sanctioned dart players in the states. Might gotta retire to SD.

at the alien nasa meeting before the big launch

Alien boss: did you guys figure out how to get to the milky way in the single lifespan of our species yet? enough fuel, food, that kinda thing?
Alien engineer: yea boss, we've got it covered

Alien boss: ok and when you get to Earth, i know we've covered this before, but their cameras are just absolute shit there, make sure you fly around when it's nighttime for them there on the ground, you know, if you're gonna be flying that close to their planet and that slowly or whatever. just be careful, i guess?

What specific things have you noticed? Residents, architecture, activities?

yeah, more of just bars and restaurants becoming pretty similar and the hot neighborhoods having all the same stuff

lots of transience among the young educated class, so the lack of deep local roots kinda shows

at the alien nasa meeting before the big launch

Alien boss: did you guys figure out how to get to the milky way in the single lifespan of our species yet? enough fuel, food, that kinda thing?
Alien engineer: yea boss, we've got it covered

Alien boss: ok and when you get to Earth, i know we've covered this before, but their cameras are just absolute shit there, make sure you fly around when it's nighttime for them there on the ground, you know, if you're gonna be flying that close to their planet and that slowly or whatever. just be careful, i guess?

I was literally reading a New Yorker (?) article this morning about UFOs and one of the questions posed was that if these aliens have this insanely advanced tech allowing interstellar travel why are their ships constantly allegedly crashing lol

yeah, more of just bars and restaurants becoming pretty similar and the hot neighborhoods having all the same stuff

lots of transience among the young educated class, so the lack of deep local roots kinda shows

Yeah I imagine that trend will continue to worsen as this group continues to disperse across the country.

rsf just left pittsburgh to go back to charlotte

he had an awful time here the weather was horrible the whole time and we basically just toured factories, ate fast food, and drank in cookie-cutter pubs

feel bad for the dude

Fortunately Philly still kicks ass

I was literally reading a New Yorker (?) article this morning about UFOs and one of the questions posed was that if these aliens have this insanely advanced tech allowing interstellar travel why are their ships constantly allegedly crashing lol

interstellar war, duh.

Denver is cool and beautiful but damn if it doesn't feel like a lot of cities across the United States are becoming similar, Chicago included

neighborhoods need to seize the means of cultural production from kapital

I love how you people continuously argue about which giant gaping cesspool affront to Mother Nature is superior to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back