• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The revivalists? Just missing "the music of John Williams", umphreys, Michael Franti and BIG HEAD TODD AND THE MONSTERS.

Would be weird to see Shakey Graves in a venue that holds more than twenty people too.

July schedule looking awesome

That’ll be fun

Have seen them a few times at festivals

Surprising to see a band lkke that from New Orleans that plays that kind of music with that many people who are all white

They're from New Orleans? Lol. My dad driving from new Orleans to Colorado to see a band from New Orleans

Good to hear they're good. I guess you don't get two nights at Red rocks if you're not. I see that halsey canceled her two nights, lol

chat thread 2021: if you fill up garbage cans with gas it will evaporate

some old dead journalist once described Pittsburgh as "hell with the lid off" a long time ago which is pretty metal

Pun intended or not? I can’t tell.

I agree that cities are becoming more similar (not that I’ve been to any other ones in the last 15 months). Part of that is cities chasing each other and trying to build what works in other places. Cities want their own Riverwalk or food hall or stadium on the river or bay because it worked for some other city.

Perhaps this was the inevitable consequence in a young country rooted in violence and revisionist history for the purpose of not owning up to that violence. Think of how many cities are named by indigenous peoples (or names in their language) who were removed and not allowed to build on their history or named for the shitty white guys who led the purge.

Add in neighborhoods that were razed for the sake of “progress” and many cities don’t have much living history aside from plaques that say what used to be there before they build a mall in the 80s or stadium in the 00s or ritzy shopping and residential complex in the 10s or whatever 20s monstrosity emerges like a crypto-mining hub/coffee shop complex.

Last edited:
oh yeah, well, tampa, like, sucks and mons venus and other stereotypes

Bob Weir and Wolf Bros came here right before the pandemic last year and I skipped out because all the stuff I heard from them is slow.

Got an email that JRAD moved their show from Oct to Sept and saw on Facebook that they are adding a show the night before. But that post by the venue has since been deleted so I guess it wasn’t meant to be announced yet. But hell yeah I’m going to that.

man Jojo Rabbit is so bad on paper but like Taika just fucking directs/acts the hell out of that movie

I remember getting to go to Tampa for an accounting job back when I worked for the man in January and I thought it was p sweet. Every guy looked like Jon Gruden

JRAD > DSO > Dead and Co > all the rest

Still haven’t seen DSO even though they play here all the time. Saw D and Co on their inaugural tour in 2015 and need to get back. Saw JRAD in 2016 before I left DC and they’re finally coming back to Asheville (played here right before I moved). Show was supposed to April of last year.

It’s blasphemy to put DSO ahead of Dead and Co but it just happens to be true

oh this one should be good.
- Tampa is Birmingham Alabama with a water feature
- Tampa is Louisville with better strip clubs
- Tampa is Richmond with a cuban flair

not really happy with any of these but i'm reluctant to let my job slip to others

dyk borat 2 was in the running for best adapted screenplay this year

Who knew Adam Sandler had pick up game

not really enough to evaluate his game here beyond he doesn't do much with the screen in the first clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back