• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear old man music tshirts get talked to by old men.

I saw ABB multiple times on multiple tours in 2005 based on the evidence of t-shirts in my closet. What year was it when ABB were touring with Skynyrd as the opening act? At one of the shows I remember Skynyrd canceled so we got moe. as the opener instead. Which I definitely preferred.

I definitely thought the punchline was going to be that she wasn't born yet or something. That's the kind of thing that makes me feel old.

Wear old man music tshirts get talked to by old men.

I saw ABB multiple times on multiple tours in 2005 based on the evidence of t-shirts in my closet. What year was it when ABB were touring with Skynyrd as the opening act? At one of the shows I remember Skynyrd canceled so we got moe. as the opener instead. Which I definitely preferred.

I definitely thought the punchline was going to be that she wasn't born yet or something. That's the kind of thing that makes me feel old.

they played with Skynyrd as the opener at the show I saw them Walnut Creek in Raleigh in 04. I think they played Charlotte the night before after. it fucking poured right before Skynyrd hit the stage. LS had some rough looking fans and I've still never seen more Confederate flags in one spot. but most of them left after Freebird and didn't say for the Allmans. Next year I saw the Allmans in Charlotte at the shoe where I got said shirt and moe. was the opener. Warren sat in for Opium.

they played with Skynyrd as the opener at the show I saw them Walnut Creek in Raleigh in 04. I think they played Charlotte the night before after. it fucking poured right before Skynyrd hit the stage. LS had some rough looking fans and I've still never seen more Confederate flags in one spot. but most of them left after Freebird and didn't say for the Allmans. Next year I saw the Allmans in Charlotte at the shoe where I got said shirt and moe. was the opener. Warren sat in for Opium.

I was probably at that same show at Walnut Creek because that rough looking skynyrd crowd that largely cleared out was a major takeaway of mine as well.

Old band shirts are all the rage now. Think you can get a decent chunk of change for them on resale websites. Kinda weird especially when the people wearing them don’t know who they are.

My first concert ever was Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine in the mid-80s... I was less than 10 and I'm pretty sure my dad got free tickets and my mom didn't want to go.

When she came back out at the end for that encore of "Conga"... Forget about it.

What do you think I could get for that shirt?

(I don't really have a shirt)

birdman:

it seems that crows are not given appropriate esteem among the general population due to being very smart, but very basic looking and not rare

what are you doing as a birdperson to address this?

birdman:

it seems that crows are not given appropriate esteem among the general population due to being very smart, but very basic looking and not rare

what are you doing as a birdperson to address this?

All birds matter...?

Had a moment where I felt quite old yesterday. Saw one of the teachers at daycare was wearing a tie dye Allman Brothers shirt that looked like one I bought at their Charlotte show in 05. I commented to the teacher that I love the band, and she said she just needed a colorful shirt for a photo shoot or something. Then I saw on the back it was from a Beacon show in 05 so def the same design as the summer tour shirt. I pointed that out and she said yeah I've never actually heard of them.

It made me feel old, but they are also a classic rock band who got started in the late 60s so not sure how old I should feel.

LOL. Maybe this will make you feel younger. I saw the Allman Brothers live once. In 1969 at Woodstock. That's old.

You're correct. I got them confused with Santana. That happens with increasing frequency when you're my age.

saw Van Halen at woodstock 69 it was kick ass show man

I detest the requirement to wade through commercials in order to watch videos on most news websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back