• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
you didn't just send your landlord a check? they made you go to the bank and deposit it for them?

lol that's trash

I did the same thing in DC for my landlord. My office was fortunately right next to Wells Fargo where the account was so it really wasn't too bad. Definitely trash, but I loved that piece of shit house with no AC/Heat.

Plama you could just tell the greeter you know you need to do something not ATM related and while you appreciate the GESTURE you don't need their help.

Cause I don't want to announce I have some valuable shit I'm trying to transport to and from my safe deposit box to everyone around me

In a place whether people are bringing in and leaving with cash money.

Cause I don't want to announce I have some valuable shit I'm trying to transport to and from my safe deposit box to everyone around me

call me crazy but wouldn't someone assume you've got valuable shit when you're going to a safe deposit box

call me crazy but wouldn't someone assume you've got valuable shit when you're going to a safe deposit box

Yeah. I think random “priceless” family heirloom and important documents.

I think his point is that a greeter forces him to announce it within earshot of a bunch of random customers around him vs. being more discreet about it

I think his point is that a greeter forces him to announce it within earshot of a bunch of random customers around him vs. being more discreet about it

Oh. I get it. Like when you go to Walmart and the greeter asks what you’re there for, you don’t want to say “I’m here to shop” because some random customer might know you’re there to do basic stuff customers do at that business.

Oh. I get it. Like when you go to Walmart and the greeter asks what you’re there for, you don’t want to say “I’m here to shop” because some random customer might know you’re there to do basic stuff customers do at that business.

That's a bad analogy. How about not wanting to announce you're at a shop to buy condoms or toilet paper or something.

There are plenty of good reasons why someone wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves.

Like what? And I wonder why palma can’t just walk to the greeter using an nice calm discreet inside voice.

You know, sometimes when you go to a safe deposit box you’re picking something valuable up and leaving with it, rather than leaving it at the bank.

Just quietly say “leave me the fuck alone” to the greeter. I bet they’ll stop asking detailed questions about your assets in the bank lobby.

These would be robbers are going to be pissed when they find out Palma is just moving beanie babies in and out.

Like what? And I wonder why palma can’t just walk to the greeter using an nice calm discreet inside voice.
Other than the half a dozen acceptable reasons people have already given on this thread?

Just because you don't find something an inconvenience or a problem doesn't mean it's not for other people.

That said, I'm sure there are other practical reasons for having an employee stationed at the entrance. But I can see why it would be bothersome to people that use a bank regularly

You know, sometimes when you go to a safe deposit box you’re picking something valuable up and leaving with it, rather than leaving it at the bank.

In a place whether people are bringing in and leaving with cash money.

No shit, Biff.

I think banks understand that people are there to deposit or withdraw valuable things especially people who actually need to go into the bank. They must feel like the greeter is part of that process and helps to speed up the line instead of slowing it down.

Maybe I don’t know what it’s like to have palma money. Or maybe this falls under white people obsessed that people are going to take their stuff.

But either way, Palma’s fear that a conversation with a greeter instead of a teller will expose him as someone leaving a bank with some thing of value is pretty nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back