• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
No top sheet, two comforter family here as well. Top sheets suck.

What kinda shitty sheets you got that you don’t want to be surrounded by them?

The real question is how many pillows do you have on your bed?

top sheets >>>> comforters

I go only top sheet most of the time. Thin blanket over it in the summer and a comforter over it in the winter, but I usually kick them off because I get too hot.

Seems like sleeping without a top sheet would make the comforter pretty grody and those things are a bitch to wash.

I go only top sheet most of the time. Thin blanket over it in the summer and a comforter over it in the winter, but I usually kick them off because I get too hot.

Seems like sleeping without a top sheet would make the comforter pretty grody and those things are a bitch to wash.

Yeah that’s my thought

I really don’t want to get into a heated argument here, but there are these things called duvets and duvet covers. Pretty easy to wash the duvet covers.

I really don’t want to get into a heated argument here, but there are these things called duvets and duvet covers. Pretty easy to wash the duvet covers.

easy to wash a duvet cover once it is off. But fucking annoying to put on and off the comforter.

TIL in a daily Asheville newsletter I get that the term "bunkum" and derivatives bunk (as in nonsense) and debunk are derived from Buncombe due to some Congressman back in the day making a long-winded and ridiculous speech as they were doing the Missouri Compromise. Google seems to confirm this.

Outside my window right now, hordes of young men in green and white striped jerseys are chanting and drinking in preparation for the game tonight between Sporting and Boavista. Sporting is one of the two teams here in Lisbon. One of the oldest, and once more decorated clubs, Sporting has not won the league in 20 years (while archrival Benfica often wins). I would liken it to Mets fans with the passion of Aggie fans, on the verge of winning the pennant. If Sporting wins tonight, it will be the first time any of these young people have seen their team as a champion. Boavista is one of the worst teams in the league, so the chances of winning it all tonight are high. Since no fans are allowed in the stadium, Sporting is putting up a large video screen outside for their fans to watch. If all goes according to plan, around midnight tonight the team will travel by bus to the middle of the city to celebrate with the fans.

All of this say, sports are awesome.

Sounds awesome. I tried to go to El Classico at Camp Nou in late 2008, but tickets were $500+ for nosebleeds. Couldn't swing it as a college kid. Wish I had done it.

Have been to a few matches at Camp Nou, including during study abroad in Salamanca and on subsequent visits. I think it's funny they only serve non-alc beer there. We did a group trip of our whole study abroad crew to a Real Madrid match, too. I love that the Bernabeu has heaters under the awning which was nice for a cold night like that.

Outside my window right now, hordes of young men in green and white striped jerseys are chanting and drinking in preparation for the game tonight between Sporting and Boavista. Sporting is one of the two teams here in Lisbon. One of the oldest, and once more decorated clubs, Sporting has not won the league in 20 years (while archrival Benfica often wins). I would liken it to Mets fans with the passion of Aggie fans, on the verge of winning the pennant. If Sporting wins tonight, it will be the first time any of these young people have seen their team as a champion. Boavista is one of the worst teams in the league, so the chances of winning it all tonight are high. Since no fans are allowed in the stadium, Sporting is putting up a large video screen outside for their fans to watch. If all goes according to plan, around midnight tonight the team will travel by bus to the middle of the city to celebrate with the fans.

All of this say, sports are awesome.

This is pretty sweet. Surprised Sporting didn't win it all when the DIER WOLF made his breakthrough there

My pillow needs to be supportive and firm foam. Otherwise my giant head mashes it flat and I end up sleeping on my arm. I’m getting too old for that, I get shoulder and back injuries from that sometimes.

idk how you guys don’t use the top sheet. My comforter would be nasty otherwise.

also met up with some friends from Salamanca in Dublin after the semester abroad (I had gone to Scotland first, they went to Liverpool to do some Beatles stuff). we watched the 06 Champions League final between Barca-Arsenal in a pub and it was so much fun. I had assumed that the Irish would be against the English team but I was wrong. then we got mugged later that night, so not as awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back