• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a food truck here named Arepa Culture and jesus christ did nobody say that name out loud before deciding to go with that one

The guy at the tackle shop this morning had a lot to say about this gas shortage on OBX

Why is the media not covering this story, story gets covered, why is the media covering this story and making everyone panic! It happens every time too where they will put out statements to not panic buy and top off your tanks, everyone panic buys and tops of their tanks making things worse.

I did just top off as I’ve a trip to Oak Island Sunday - Wednesday. Hope I’ll be able to find it when I need to leave.

Really need this gas thing resolved by next weekend when we got to Carolina Beach. Until then I'm okay with teaching from home because we don't have any gas. My students have all basically checked out anyways.

Also how about we start getting electric cars America? Why are we so dumb.

How often do they run the gas through the pipeline? I know they have those giant Colonial Pipeline tanks all over like the ones in Greensboro next to 40 near the airport. Are those all dry now until they can get replenished? I think here in Asheville all our gas is trucked up from Spartanburg.

I know they have those giant Colonial Pipeline tanks all over like the ones in Greensboro next to 40 near the airport. Are those all dry now until they can get replenished?

Top ten terrorist target in the United States on 9/11, according to the teachers supervising us in the gym at 11:00am that morning back in 2001.

I'm late to the bank line greeter discussion, but I totally agree with stugotz on this one.

I went in to a bank branch for the first time in a few years a couple of months ago. There was a long line and some dude is just standing there at the front of it asking people what they are there for when they enter the bank. I get the purpose, but it seemed weird to yell at me across the lobby... "What are you here for?"

So then I yell back, "Wiring money to close on a house."

And he ushers me over to a different room with somebody to help me... Which was great.

But as I was in there, I heard some old guy speaking loudly to his wife for everyone to hear about how I got to skip the line when he was just waiting in line to send a wire, as well.

Of course, I was transferring hundreds of thousands of dollars from an account to an attorney... This guy was using a combination of check and cash (CASH!) to do some other transaction. I know this because he and the greeter had a nice conversation about it for everyone to hear.

So yeah... It is nice that they are trying to help you out right away when you enter the building, but perhaps they could just ask you then and there instead of yelling at you from across the lobby.

Top ten terrorist target in the United States on 9/11, according to the teachers supervising us in the gym at 11:00am that morning back in 2001.

why isn't the media talking about this???

How often do they run the gas through the pipeline? I know they have those giant Colonial Pipeline tanks all over like the ones in Greensboro next to 40 near the airport. Are those all dry now until they can get replenished? I think here in Asheville all our gas is trucked up from Spartanburg.

I would assume it's a constant flow. The fuel travels through the pipe at 5 MPH so it takes a long time to fill the whole thing back up. There's also a stub line that runs up to Knoxville from Atlanta, but I would assume that Asheville gets its gas from Spartanburg.

I hate putting the duvet cover back on the duvet.

We do sheets on Sunday nights. Wife washes them during the day and we put them on together that night.

It's not one of my favorite things to begin with, but like every 4th week there is that surprise of having to also put the duvet cover back on the duvet and I get irrationally angry even though it takes an extra minute at most.

I am IN on this Ben Affleck broke up Arod and Jlo story

I hate putting the duvet cover back on the duvet.

We do sheets on Sunday nights. Wife washes them during the day and we put them on together that night.

It's not one of my favorite things to begin with, but like every 4th week there is that surprise of having to also put the duvet cover back on the duvet and I get irrationally angry even though it takes an extra minute at most.

Our cleaning people change our sheets for us so they get switched out every other Monday. Love new sheet day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back