• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's like the one pic going around of the couple filling up all the gas cans. I've seen multiple people post it on Facebook and Twitter saying like "look what I saw at so and so station !"

Damn man I used to love Lany's growing up. The pizza and wings combo was the tits. Could never get into to driving to Lewisville to eat at Ronnie's, which was inferior to Lany's. Agreed on Waldo's 2.0, its too sanitized.

Also our school secretary is having to explain in our weekly faculty meeting how certain teachers are about to get charged for using the wrong type of leave, and I just want to shout USE SICK LEAVE FOR EVERYTHING, OUR ADMIN IS COOL, NOBODY EVER ASKS QUESTIONS but I think that ruins the whole unspoken system. Maybe I'll hold a "new teacher orientation" next year where I show them the ropes.

Also having three types of leave is so dumb. Sick, annual and personal leave. The favorite part is that we "get" 10 days of annual leave and then they take 9 of them for holidays throughout the year. But they don't tell you that directly. So a lot of new teachers lose money because they take annual leave (which can only be used when kids aren't in the building) that they don't actually have.

Its really fucking annoying and pointless. Just give us PTO. But then I remember that the current NC General Assembly is run by men who love scheming and scamming, so of course they do this.

The nice thing about wearing a mask all day is that it covers up all the pimples caused by wearing a mask all day.

These gas panickers are the worst of us. Anybody who fills up more than one car of gas should be immediately sterilized. You're why these things happen, you dumb dumb people. We can't have your genes in the pool any longer.

not yet - my 14 year old is now into it so we do it together on weeks when they're over here.

this fish washed up on a beach in California:
210511162501-01-football-fish-exlarge-169.jpg

The deep ocean might be the scariest place IMO. Absolutely horrifying.

I went to a baseball game last night and didn't get home until 10:30 so I have to go to the gym this afternoon and I feel off.

Did you crush the crossword at least?

Vacation threw me off last week although we did a ton of long walks on the beach. Woke up at 6 am on our last today to make sure we had the time to get a long walk in before our flight.

Today was my first day back. I told myself on Monday and Tuesday I’d do it in the afternoon and that failed.

Vacation threw me off last week although we did a ton of long walks on the beach. Woke up at 6 am on our last today to make sure we had the time to get a long walk in before our flight.

Today was my first day back. I told myself on Monday and Tuesday I’d do it in the afternoon and that failed.

Yeah, I don't have a good track record with getting a workout in if I sleep through my a.m. session.

p pumped about having 3 weeks off in between jobs. I guess people used to call that funemployment, but given the current times prob not the best term to use, right?

Also our school secretary is having to explain in our weekly faculty meeting how certain teachers are about to get charged for using the wrong type of leave, and I just want to shout USE SICK LEAVE FOR EVERYTHING, OUR ADMIN IS COOL, NOBODY EVER ASKS QUESTIONS but I think that ruins the whole unspoken system. Maybe I'll hold a "new teacher orientation" next year where I show them the ropes.

Also having three types of leave is so dumb. Sick, annual and personal leave. The favorite part is that we "get" 10 days of annual leave and then they take 9 of them for holidays throughout the year. But they don't tell you that directly. So a lot of new teachers lose money because they take annual leave (which can only be used when kids aren't in the building) that they don't actually have.

Its really fucking annoying and pointless. Just give us PTO. But then I remember that the current NC General Assembly is run by men who love scheming and scamming, so of course they do this.

I wonder if your position will change when you're in ADMINISTRATION. VP Brasky wants the rules followed.

I wonder if your position will change when you're in ADMINISTRATION. VP Brasky wants the rules followed.

Stay in the classroom, Brasky. It's a terrible world out there for high school admin.

Stay in the classroom, Brasky. It's a terrible world out there for high school admin.

No immediate plans to be an admin, but it is a possible long term move. For now I will continue to fight the man.

However I am making a move back to MS next year. Which at first seemed terrifying, but its a promotion to a coach/teacher position with a $10K bonus so I couldn't say no. I'm apparently an "expert teacher" now. I don't think I want to stay in MS long term but if this gets me into an instructional coach role that would be dope. Also I'm building up our soccer program with these middle schoolers so being with them all day will help me to do that.

Is that a one-time 10k bonus or a 10k raise? Either way, congrats, that's big

Time to grow your hair long and start riding your bike and build a powerhouse soccer program

These gas panickers are the worst of us. Anybody who fills up more than one car of gas should be immediately sterilized. You're why these things happen, you dumb dumb people. We can't have your genes in the pool any longer.

I am pretty sure this happened when hurricane Harvey hit Texas. Despite ample sources saying that there will be no shortages due to the storm, the gas panickers still ran to the pump and caused artificial shortages.

Is that a one-time 10k bonus or a 10k raise? Either way, congrats, that's big

Time to grow your hair long and start riding your bike and build a powerhouse soccer program

Just a one time stipend. But I think it will be for at least 2-3 years, if I decide to stay. As long as our school keeps this new program and the funding that pays for it. I told my principal I'd commit to one year, but might have to GTFO out of middle school if I wasn't feeling it.

I am pretty sure this happened when hurricane Harvey hit Texas. Despite ample sources saying that there will be no shortages due to the storm, the gas panickers still ran to the pump and caused artificial shortages.

It’s almost like there is a part of the population that doesn’t believe in the news.

Yep, Just like with TP last year at the beginning of COVID.

The rationing system employed by the United Social States of Brasky would avoid this issue. Just saying, my fellow comrades.

Switch to the new server and new message board software is taking a little longer than expected but we know that ultimately everyone will be pleased. Also, the money we collected is doing well on the dogecoin thing so we will be able to have an enhanced message board going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back