• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could do my job high but it wouldn’t be very enjoyable

I've never been capable of performing any of my jobs high aside from when I was a server/bartender. Having meaningful interactions that require me to have knowledge about anything aside from "ranch or blue cheese??" Is impossible for me when I'm high.

I commend people who can do it. My wife actually works high just about every day and I'm amazed by how productive she is.

What about 16 year olds who live with mom and dad in myers park and roll up in a 3 year old bmw?

What is the difference between their labor and somebody else's? If they are working full time than they should make more than $30K/year.

You chartering or you hella rich with your own boat? Because if it's the latter I really wanna make sure you know the mafchat thing was just a joke.

I never hit first. You shamelessly ATTACKED me and clearly don't like to have fun, so you most likely wouldn't enjoy fishing with me.

Going out on a charter with all the bros in my company, so don't worry, not rich.

just bought tickets for 2 concerts at the Asheville Civic Center in October, and there seem to be no capacity limits. feels weird, but great.

Also I just finished teaching a lesson on the rise of Conservatism in the 60's/70's and how it still dominates political discourse today. It was very fulfilling for me, but maybe two of my students cared.

A Trump is going to be dictator in ten years. We're fucked.

I can't work real jobs high, it's just an uncomfortable experience.

In college i was high like 95% of the time I was working, but it wasn't a real job I was just responsible for peoples personal safety. Much chill.

Also I would be miserable if I didn't do anything work related. It doesn't have to be 60+ hours a week, and could be things that make me happier for less cash, but I have to be doing something. People that would be chill just not working seems wild to me.

I wouldn't mind taking like two months off or something, I haven't had more than like 7 consecutive days off work in a decade.

one of my best friends is on day 2 of DADHOOD and his lady texted my lady saying he is STRESSED

dads can u confirm

I can't work real jobs high, it's just an uncomfortable experience.

In college i was high like 95% of the time I was working, but it wasn't a real job I was just responsible for peoples personal safety. Much chill.

Also I would be miserable if I didn't do anything work related. It doesn't have to be 60+ hours a week, and could be things that make me happier for less cash, but I have to be doing something. People that would be chill just not working seems wild to me.

I wouldn't mind taking like two months off or something, I haven't had more than like 7 consecutive days off work in a decade.

Agreed. There are only so many times you can crank your hawg each day before you feel to need for productivity.

he's two hours north and I have invited him down for a day or two just to get away from all the commotion but I don't want to be too insistent

what do

one of my best friends is on day 2 of DADHOOD and his lady texted my lady saying he is STRESSED

dads can u confirm

I guess so. I mean, it's not really hard at first. They eat, poop, sleep, rinse, repeat.

A wise man once told me that there's nothing worse than having children when you aren't ready, but nothing better than having children when you're ready.

I took 2 months paternity leave with our daughter, so all I had to focus on was her, which alleviated pretty much any stress I would have had.

I don't understand the allure of trying to do important things stoned.

Also I just finished teaching a lesson on the rise of Conservatism in the 60's/70's and how it still dominates political discourse today. It was very fulfilling for me, but maybe two of my students cared.

interesting. what'd you teach? might be a part of my diss.

Mont Pelerin Society --> 60s counterculture reaction // Goldwater --> 80s conservative media --> ???

Last edited:

Did you teach the Powell memo?

I don't understand the allure of trying to do important things stoned.

Yeah, it's miserable. Certain personalities can handle it, such as my wife, but not many.

I'm to the point where I don't really enjoy it in general. I'll take an occasional toke when the kid goes to sleep at night and watch some stupid youtube videos or something with the wife. Only times I truly enjoy it is when I'm fishing, hungover, or going to a concert/show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back