• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is plagiarizing a commencement speech even a big deal? Like it's a meaningless time killer, If you copy a good one shouldn't people just be happy.

bro that's way too cliche

maybe you're thinking of phan

i hear creamy is flying in his gulfstream G5 to go fishing tomorrow

See, this is the kind of content I've come to expect from you. Hot take incoming

Sharks>Birds

I am trying to come up with a witty retort or anecdote to prove you wrong, but I can. Sharks are cool mfrs...I am also increasingly of the opinion that snakes are badass.

Other than the feeding frenzy in obx, my two favorite sharks sightings were seeing Basking sharks off the west coast of Scotland surround by flocks or manx shearwaters, and also seeing hammerhead sharks in the Galapagos islands. Hammerheads are really bizarre looking animals.

I am trying to come up with a witty retort or anecdote to prove you wrong, but I can. Sharks are cool mfrs...I am also increasingly of the opinion that snakes are badass.

Other than the feeding frenzy in obx, my two favorite sharks sightings were seeing Basking sharks off the west coast of Scotland surround by flocks or manx shearwaters, and also seeing hammerhead sharks in the Galapagos islands. Hammerheads are really bizarre looking animals.

The Galapagos may be the coolest place on earth. Snorkeling with whale sharks off the coast of Cozumel was pretty amazing as well.

Got blanked in the sound this morning but had a nice day in the surf

Just picked up some ice cream as lunch

It may be an odd take, but I think I prefer surf fishing to any other type of fishing.

I desperately want to go fishing.

Me too - haven't been out in over 3 months and just can't seem to make time to go on the weekend. I've got two fishing trips coming up in June and would like to knock the rust off my cast before they happen.

Surf was a little cold today but they were biting

Nags Head is my kind of beach, very uncrowded

Surf was a little cold today but they were biting

Nags Head is my kind of beach, very uncrowded

Our cottage is a couple doors down from a beach motel and we get some beachbilly overflow in front of our dunes sometimes. But overall not too bad.

I also am a big fan of surf fishing compared to boat fishing.

Picked up the dog from her ACL surgery today. Thankfully doing really well and already walking on her leg but obviously hates being in a pen, so its going to be a fun 6-8 weeks. The surgical invoice is hilarious, it has a bunch of things with 0 charge, then like TPLO surgery $2400, then a bunch of no charges, overnight stay $400, and repeat. Its like wow guys thanks for the free... ice pack.

I just volleyed around a little with a couple of kids on our tennis team and now I really want to pick up tennis.

It may be an odd take, but I think I prefer surf fishing to any other type of fishing.

Bottom fishing on a good reef/wreck is my favorite. Most action, very varied catch, almost all excellent eating. Trolling is just typically too boring, hit or miss, and much more prone to seasickness. Surf is cool because it's super easy, you don't have to do shit 95% of the time, and you can more easily drink beer, nap, play bocce, etc. But it's way tougher to get near as much action in the surf, in my experience.

I just volleyed around a little with a couple of kids on our tennis team and now I really want to pick up tennis.

I played pickleball last weekend for the first time in a couple years, and damn do I love me some pickleball. Way better at it than tennis.

I just ate a stuffed crust pizza and goddamn if stuffed crust pizza isn't god's greatest invention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back