• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mask mandate lifted yesterday outdoors, passed 100 people on the street, 98 had a mask on. Made me feel like an asshole

Damn only 3 Joe Rogan listeners in a crowd of 101 dude fell off

what did rogan say? dude is a lunatic the majority of the time but bros love the guy.

2&2-esque bad takes

"If you’re like 21 years old and you say to me, 'Should I get vaccinated?' I’ll go, 'No,' ... If you’re a healthy person and you’re exercising all the time and you’re young and you’re eating well, I don’t think you need to worry about this."

"I can tell you as someone who has — both my children got the virus. It was nothing ... I mean, I hate to say that if someone’s children died from this. I’m very sorry that that happened. I’m not in any way diminishing that. But I'm saying the personal experience that my children had with COVID was nothing."

Damn juice must be off writing his everything bagel defense. I love the everything bagel pretzel crisps though. Those things are crack.

Summer House is a v good quarantine show. So dumb and pointless.

I sometimes use everything bagel seasoning when I grill chicken.

So choose "plain" and then you can add everything seasoning. Or not.

Plain is more versatile! PLAIN GANG

how u gonna get the seasoning to stick to the bagel huh

#EVERYTHINGGANG

First 10 years in LA I lived near zero amenities except could walk to a dope ass bagel spot. They had a cinnamon sugar bagel which was the bomb dot com.

What's a go to pastry? I live in chinatown now so there's a bakery on every block, but it doesn't really occur to me to actually buy anything from any of em. The only time I've gone in there is to buy a bagel.

how u gonna get the seasoning to stick to the bagel huh

#EVERYTHINGGANG

Lol man I was sure your take on the last page about eating bad bagels forming bad opinions would lead to you being on TEAM PLAIN

My bro in law lived like two blocks from two of the best bagel places in the city, Baz and Blackseed. Best of both NY and Montreal style. I’ve had lots of good bagels.

If we’re talking how we build out a dozen of course I’m gonna include some everything. But certain sandwiches, spreads, and toppings dictate you might not want an everything bagel! As phan says, plain is versatile. The bagel is but a vessel for the tasty other foods you also want to enjoy.

What's a go to pastry? I live in chinatown now so there's a bakery on every block, but it doesn't really occur to me to actually buy anything from any of em. The only time I've gone in there is to buy a bagel.

Are they really Chinese bakeries or are some Vietnamese because there’s a big difference. Chinese bakeries seem to just use the same sticky sweet dough for everything, while with Vietnamese and French colonial rule you will get French inspired pastries, the Pain au Chocolat and such.

hey juice thanks for linking that n+1 piece, it was a really good read. petworth now, almost every single family home is >$1MM rather than 2013/14 when the first one was listed. i live in one of those condos described in the piece:

Falling behind on payments would mean a risk of losing the house to the city, just as the Stancils had lost my condo building. The city would auction it off to recoup its taxes, at a fraction of what a standard sale would’ve given the heirs. A developer would inevitably win the bid, break up the house into two or three condos, and list it on the market at a price none of the heirs could afford. Then, they’d take the proceeds and invest them in the next project. Buy low. Sell high. Repeat.

my place (former single family home) was sold at auction to a developer in 2012 and split into 4 condos with a nearly identical story to this one

Family's out on LongEyelund. The grandparents are a 5 minute walk from A&S Bagels - undisputedly one of the best bagels in the country - so I've been eating them since I was a wee lad.

From 2-13 I was TEAM PLAIN but since then I am TEAM EVERYTHING. So I am not a staunch defender of either TEAM rather I am a HATER of BAD bagels.

The bagel is but a vessel for the tasty other foods you also want to enjoy.

this is a bad bagel opinion

Explain to me what I’m missing with bagels. I’m not anti bagel, but I definitely don’t have a strong opinion on them.

How are they superior to the biscuit?

can you imagine paul hollywood saying "good bread is but a vessel for the tasty other foods you also want to enjoy." mary berry would slap his shit

good bagel is like good bread that shit just needs a spread and you're golden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back