• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a class in law school where we were provided with the Excel spreadsheet to make computations assuming we used the right inputs.

Apparently while studying I screwed up one of the cells which threw off all of the outputs. So despite nailing the inputs all of my answers were wrong.

I think after explaining it to the professor he gave me half credit.

I came in lazy as shit and drastically underprepared for Wake (also long distance GF and only spending like 3 days a week on campus is a bad idea). Took me until maybe second semester Sophomore year before I figured out how I actually needed to learn/study independently (lectures aint it, I think I only survived in HS by being immersed 5 days a week and tons of rote exercises).

English was tough as shit. I am not a particularly great writer, but it seemed like the more effort I put in the worse I did (or at least the more I was guaranteed a solid B). Meanwhile in my first English class (175?) I completely skipped reading Beloved and churned out a midterm based on sparknotes read 30 minutes before the class and got an A+. Doesn't pay to be a CRITICAL thinker.

I was okay at Econ especially w/my boy Heckelman, but it was kind of a struggle in other classes and I was just bored by it way more than I thought I'd be. I am really not good w/spatial reasoning and using visuals/graphs to convey/understand information. I also had a baller Econ professor in HS that made it super fun.

Switching to Comp Sci was a breath of fresh fucking air though. In most of your classes half the grading is programs. If you write the program and it works it's a guaranteed 100 almost every time if you get it working and meet all the spelled out criteria. Nothing else felt like that at Wake. The tests weren't that much more difficult. Best thing I ever did was switching majors thanks to OliveGardenDeac. I ended up just listing my major GPA on my resume for the few months that it actually mattered.

rsf is coming to awful terrible pittsburgh next weekend

i'm not sure what we're going to do since this place is so bad

maybe tour the ruins of a steel factory

rsf is coming to awful terrible pittsburgh next weekend

i'm not sure what we're going to do since this place is so bad

maybe tour the ruins of a steel factory

go climb some stairs obviously. #cityofsteps

I guess Posman books at the Terminal building won't be open yet. Too bad.

My very first Physical Therapist (soph year of HS?) was from Pittsburgh. She was great.

I guess Posman books at the Terminal building won't be open yet. Too bad.

lol really funny you bring that up - big to-do locally about how the building owners strung along a local bookshop as if they would be able to rent the space until Posman finalized their deal

lol really funny you bring that up - big to-do locally about how the building owners strung along a local bookshop as if they would be able to rent the space until Posman finalized their deal

I actually was trolling about that. Very disappointing though. Go support White Whale books!

That's the kind of underhanded shit you see with VC money all the time. String along companies just to get detailed competitor info for the company they are planning to invest in the whole time. Fucking hate it.

I actually was trolling about that. Very disappointing though. Go support White Whale books tho!

That's the kind of underhanded shit you see with VC money all the time. String along companies just to get detailed competitor info for the company they are planning to invest in the whole time. Fucking hate it.

lol how did you hear about that

i love White Whale!

lol how did you hear about that

i love White Whale!

I don't follow that many people on twitter and you are one one of them, so I assume you liked or retweeted something? Otherwise I do follow a certain TYPE, so it's certainly possible someone else could have.

I had a class in law school where we were provided with the Excel spreadsheet to make computations assuming we used the right inputs.

Apparently while studying I screwed up one of the cells which threw off all of the outputs. So despite nailing the inputs all of my answers were wrong.

I think after explaining it to the professor he gave me half credit.

Tax lawyers amirite

So this dogecoin thing , huh? I literally made fun of it for being in a bubble 5 months ago, and it's gone up 80x since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back